Duplicate Generic error when installing an add-on

Jake B.

Affected version
2.0.0 Beta 3
I'm trying to install an add-on we had made via the CLI that worked fine on DP 10, but I haven't tried installing it since but now I'm getting the following error:

Code:
  [XF\PrintableException]                                           
  Please enter a value using only a-z, A-Z, 0-9, and _ characters.

Don't get an error when installing via AdminCP (though I also don't have an _data directory as I have it .gitignored) and there is nothing in the XF error log so I'm not sure where to go from here, it did happen during the "importing style properties" step so I'm not sure if something changed here that would've caused this since DP 10?

If you don't have a _data directory then installing it from the Admin CP is basically going to install it without any data whatsoever, so totally missing out whatever data is causing this.

If you add --verbose to the CLI command then when the Exception happens, you will get a stack trace. That will probably hint, at least, what dev output type triggered it.

Alright, looks like git (or somebody misusing git) did something, there was a th_enableNodeFooter_nodes.json and a th_enableNodeFooter_nodes.json~HEAD not sure why or how as I've never seen git create files like that, but removing it seems to have fixed the issue, thanks!

Just realized I put this in bug reports, not development discussion... oops

Top Bottom