Expiring User Upgrades

Expiring User Upgrades [Paid] 1.3.8

No permission to buy ($20.00)
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
I figured you would but I just wanted to make sure everyone watching this thread knew what was going on. Best of luck to you DH, you will be missed, and I do hope that someone picks up your addons, I always thought they were well written and supported & worth the money spent!

@Stuart Wright - do you have a timeframe on releasing the new version with bug fixes @Daniel Hood said he was soon releasing, a fortnight ago?

Here's another bug report ...

This add-on sends out an alert and/or email X days before a user upgrade is about to expire, with an optional second notification once the upgrade has expired.
Purchased non-recurring upgrades also get a 'Extend Upgrade' button so members can renew their upgrades without interruption.

Scenario;
I have 2 upgrades - U1_Membership and U2_Membership).
U1_Membership is a fixed 12 months upgrade, U2_Membership is a recurring 12 months upgrade.
U2_Membership is configured such that U1_Membership is disabled whilst U2_Membership is active for a user.

User A has U1_Membership, and gets a notification that it is expiring. They purchase/renew with U2_Membership instead. Despite U1_Membership now being inactive for that user, they still get a notification that U1_Membership has expired. They're both Membership upgrades, so the user is confused why they are getting an expired notifation when they purchased a few days ago.

I'm interested in picking this up now that it's available again, are there any major unaddressed bugs that I should be aware of?

Several, the add-on's pretty much been abandoned for several months. Hopefully new ownership will address this.
I've sent you a PM (on Atelier Aphelion) asking you some questions about the bugs you where encountering.

I was going to upgrade to 1.1.0 but the installer threw this error

"Developer: option_value is not a valid array (exup_notify_by)"

Then I realized that it hadn't been updated since @Xon took it over...so I just re-uploaded the previous files to leave the version at 1.0.6...just thought I'd mention it

Then I realized that it hadn't been updated since @Xon took it over...so I just re-uploaded the previous files to leave the version at 1.0.6...just thought I'd mention it
I've got a new version in the works, which will be compatible with Gift Upgrades, and my Sandbox paypal add-on.

Are there any problems with purchasing and installing v1.0.6 only? It makes me sad to see paid users dropping off :(

I meant watching my forum's paid users dropping off. I'm keen to get this add-on up and running so if the earlier version is working I'll go with that for the moment.
1.1.0 should be working, it is just if you had an older version the upgrade process wasn't straight forward.

1.0.6 is working, yes. Not sure what broke 1.1
I plan to fix this by the next version, so the upgrade from 1.0.6 -> 1.2 will Just Work (tm).

Top Bottom