Crowd fund MercDesign Media Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is already a discounted price, I just don't advertise it. You pay $40 I think the price for the current one is or $50 to get access to the private builds. The release price will either be $50 or $60.

How is this going ? Is there a date for the release ?

"The funds raised will go to Mercenary Design staff to be able to work full time on getting the Media Gallery out as soon as possible. Estimated to take up to 2 months but with betas out after 1."

6 months and counting...

Please share an update to know when it will be available.

It was estimated for 2 months when I expected to reach a higher goal. To put things in perspective I am behind on bills and may be off-line due to the phone getting cut off.

However work continues. A new sidebar manager is currently being developed due to the request to be able to modify sidebars in just about all of my add-ons and no developer friendly option. It will be released for free to everyone who has pre-ordered the media gallery and is one of the last things to be done before the gallery will have a stable private beta. I am trying as hard as I can to get it into private beta and show it off on here as soon as possible, hopefully this week depending on how bugs go.

[...]I am behind on bills[...]
[...]
It will be released for free to everyone who has pre-ordered the media gallery and is one of the last things to be done before the gallery will have a stable private beta.

The pre-order is up/available? Everything I've read in previous pages says you'll make it available once beta's are available and you have something to show? I've been waiting for that.

The pre-order is up/available? Everything I've read in previous pages says you'll make it available once beta's are available and you have something to show? I've been waiting for that.
Yeah they always have been, I think the first post on here has a FAQ. I should have some stuff to show fairly soon, just don't want to show it off too early incase changes are made too much.

Yeah they always have been, I think the first post on here has a FAQ. I should have some stuff to show fairly soon, just don't want to show it off too early incase changes are made too much.
Robbo,

When do us folks who helped in the Fundraiser (cannot remember the site) get their hands on the betas?

Yeah, this starts to remind me of the development of XF Arcade, which stalled completely.

At least for Kevin's sake that refunded everything raised when Steve bailed, didn't fund 2 grand for the project. But between a few dev's dropping the ball on getting things out as promised as of late and instead disappearing or releasing 20 other mods without fixing the broken and this not even having a proof of concept demo, I choose not to drop money into this until it was released.

On a positive note for Robbo though, I had issues with PHP 5.4 with Ad Manager and he did fix it that day. So I do feel this will be released at some point, just all the delays are sort of saddening.

Robbo,

When do us folks who helped in the Fundraiser (cannot remember the site) get their hands on the betas?
You should have gotten my emails to get access to the private forum with details for that.

At least for Kevin's sake that refunded everything raised when Steve bailed, didn't fund 2 grand for the project. But between a few dev's dropping the ball on getting things out as promised as of late and instead disappearing or releasing 20 other mods without fixing the broken and this not even having a proof of concept demo, I choose not to drop money into this until it was released.

On a positive note for Robbo though, I had issues with PHP 5.4 with Ad Manager and he did fix it that day. So I do feel this will be released at some point, just all the delays are sort of saddening.
When was the last time you did $10000+ work for $2000 in a speedy fashion? Software is severely undervalued here. I would literally earn more money working at maccers compared to the time + return I have gotten here. I have to take care of myself before you guys, otherwise no one will ever see a thing.

Reactions: DBA
When was the last time you did $10000+ work for $2000 in a speedy fashion? Software is severely undervalued here. I would literally earn more money working at maccers compared to the time + return I have gotten here. I have to take care of myself before you guys, otherwise no one will ever see a thing.
Well, as I see it the problem is you keep promising releases way quicker than you can do them. Be more realistic in your estimates towards release dates/weeks, then we can lower our expectations and not be disappointed.

Yes, but you should not say that it would be out in 1 or 2 months. If you feel unhappy about "being undervalued" here then don't raise funds for the software and may be work at maccers (what ever that mean) instead, lol. I don't care about the money put in the funds, even if it's already lost. I love to gamble. It's just that I made some "promises" to our forum members based on your "promise" (like we would have a gallery out in like 4 months :D and it did not happen).

It will be done when it is done. You will no longer get any updates. I never promised a thing and I did plan to have everything done in those times but sometimes things happen, like family deaths for example.

Deebs I will message you shortly.

Going to request this be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom