California Case Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
... or...

3: Nobody won or lost but concessions were made by both sides that may or may not be publicly disclosed and both IB & XF will be moving forward.

True, but that would mean IB have an hand in XF somehow. Otherwise, why would IB settle if they didn't have? Sure you'd take that as a loss just the same.

Ok. I guess I was just curious why this one was constantly locked in the past but now is allowed to continue rampant. Whatever, this forum moderating style has never been consistent.

My observation for the last few set of updates has been that this thread remains open for about 24 hours and then its locked.

... or...

3: Nobody won or lost but concessions were made by both sides that may or may not be publicly disclosed and both IB & XF will be moving forward.

...or...

....or....

.....or.....

(y)

oar.jpg

I had never heard of the brand until earlier today! I have some family members who would love their maraschino cherry product. Heck, I don't drink, but if it turns out to be good news for KAM (and therefor, by extension, the XF community), I just might have to try a glass to celebrate.

It's a fantastic brand as well. Tennessee's first legal moonshine! I've a recipe somewhere for strawberry jello shooters with the sliced moonshine cherries. Sky vodka instead of water. A potent party shots for sure LOL -- I tell you what though - the cherries are like a bit of WHOA! You might try the apple pie as well... Um... Now I'm thirsty - I'd like a glass or 3 in pre-celebration.

Jake, can you update your post in the official thread with a link to the pacer update? People have to dig through this mess to get to it.

Second Bam's notion to add the link!

The Settlement will probably have confidentiality / non-disclosure clause.

Both sides will probably request a non-disclosure clause in the settlement agreement. Even if just IB wanted it, its a minor issue so XF wouldn't object to having it added. I think its important to note this so people can set their expectations accordingly. Too many people are waiting for the terms and conditions to be announced and frankly that rarely happens with settlements.

What we should look out for, and what I would expect myself, is an announcement over the next few weeks stating that things are moving forward with continual communication about the plan of action.

Ok. I guess I was just curious why this one was constantly locked in the past but now is allowed to continue rampant. Whatever, this forum moderating style has never been consistent.

This topic does get locked when it spirals down into the abyss. That normally takes 1 to 2 days; it's only been a couple of hours since it has been re-opened, and I do not want to see it closed this quickly because there are a lot of members whom I am pretty sure have not seen the last update and would like to comment, or want to know what it means. Speculations are not based on facts, and therefore do little but incite.

Please do not say we have been inconsistent, we try to keep topics open for as long as they benefit the community.

Full and complete settlement!!!! And no trial!!!! Cannot wait to read more about it! This is good news.. i hope so...

This topic does get locked when it spirals down into the abyss. That normally takes 1 to 2 days; it's only been a couple of hours since it has been re-opened, and I do not want to see it closed this quickly because there are a lot of members whom I am pretty sure have not seen the last update and would like to comment, or want to know what it means. Speculations are not based on facts, and therefore do little but incite.

Please do not say we have been inconsistent, we try to keep topics open for as long as they benefit the community.

No, as long as the speculation is positive it remains. Any negative speculation is removed and threads closed.

I won't say anyone's been inconsistent with that either, because it's always been that way as well.

Reactions: HWS
I am pretty sure that is when you come to an agreement on rights of purchase.. company A must release said money amount while company B must release rights by a mutal set release date.

Here ya' go:

Mutual Release

Definition of "Mutual Release"

A Mutual Release is a General Release tailored for use when both parties claim that each other is to blame for the injuries or damages that they have suffered. Since both parties are giving up all known and unknown claims against the other party, care should be taken to ensure that the parties are fully aware of their rights. Normally both parties simply release the other from future liability. However, if one party is more at fault they can be asked to give extra consideration (compensation).

- See more at: http://wiki.lawdepot.com/wiki/Mutual_Release#sthash.dCKPNTLN.dpuf

Directly from here. Amazing what you can find if you Google it.

In some circles it still means F'ed Up Data; 'Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt' is the cleaned up version of it. If you use it with older developers they'll likely interpret it as the former instead of the latter.

That's what it means in MY circle. ;)

No, as long as the speculation is positive it remains. Any negative speculation is removed and threads closed.
I won't say anyone's been inconsistent with that either, because it's always been that way as well.

Censorship yes, call a spade a spade. Not 100% censorship. Negative ideas have been permitted, but have been restricted. Their points are here for all to see. Just not free to keep repeating and flooding them.

When a community has been struggling through tough times it is best to speak positively to help everyone cope and keep going. Why make people miserable unnecessarily? We're none of us stupid. We know there has been a risk of losing because the law can be ...... [insert rude word] But we don't need to have the risk ground in our faces.

Also exaggerated noise about a takeover, based on no evidence at all, is cruelly irresponsible. Although everyone here is intelligent - you cannot run a board if you're an idiot - the written word always carries some authority and influence. Less experiemced members can easily get the impression that a negative fantasy comment like that is coming from a place of authority that it does not have.

It's about right in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom