Resource icon

[bd] Anonymous Posting 2.3.2

No permission to download
Sorry, what do you mean?
Ahh sorry just found the problem. What it was is, when it was posting as username "anonymous" i already had a member called "anonymous" who had been banned a while ago so it was showing when posting as the member group banned and not guest. All sorted now i just deleted the old banned member who was called anonymous.

May sound confusing but its fine now lol.

Ahh sorry just found the problem. What it was is, when it was posting as username "anonymous" i already had a member called "anonymous" who had been banned a while ago so it was showing when posting as the member group banned and not guest. All sorted now i just deleted the old banned member who was called anonymous.

May sound confusing but its fine now lol.
Ah I see. Nice find ;)

Not Set will change the default behavior (normally, user can see who is viewing thread) so it's absolutely not a good idea.
Ok it works. Good option, but can you change it so we can select which forums this option is active in? Because right now if we set it to Not Set like to you said in all groups, no one is able to view which member is viewing which forum or thread.

I would like this option only to work where I Allow anonymous posting.

Ok it works. Good option, but can you change it so we can select which forums this option is active in? Because right now if we set it to Not Set like to you said in all groups, no one is able to view which member is viewing which forum or thread.

I would like this option only to work where I Allow anonymous posting.
It is a forum permission so you can configure it to work differently for each forum/group combination.

This seems to have stopped working for me. I get an error saying something like Usernames must be unique, this name is already in use when I click the post anonymously option and try to start a thread.

This seems to have stopped working for me. I get an error saying something like Usernames must be unique, this name is already in use when I click the post anonymously option and try to start a thread.
You have a real user with username "Anonymous" so the guest post cannot use that as its username. You need to choose another username for those post or you can create a new account just for anonymous posts.

You have a real user with username "Anonymous" so the guest post cannot use that as its username. You need to choose another username for those post or you can create a new account just for anonymous posts.
If I disallow the username Anonymous for new registered accounts will it break this in the same way?

Top Bottom