Unmaintained Double Post Preventer 1.5

No permission to download
Compatible XF 1.x versions
  1. 1.5
License
Open Source, ISC
Visible branding
No
Completely free double post merger, simple and without any strings attached. Allows to specify the usergroups that are affected or excluded as well as a time for the merge to be done within.

Only tested in 1.5.4, highly possible that it works in older versions as well.

Known bugs:
  • When post date update is off, the view does not refresh in quick reply mode.
  • In quick reply mode, the post is displayed double on submit.
  • Tags are not merged

Changelog:
  • 1.5 - 29th of April 2016: added time and usergroup features
  • 1.0 - 19th of January 2016: initial release

FAQ:
  • Q: Why yet another double post merger?
    I cannot stand the commercial bloatware that some people seem to produce on here. Paying a recurring fee for having software branding free is just a complete no-go.

• Q: Does it merge Attachments?
    Yes, it does!

• Q: Does it work in quick reply/advanced reply?
    Yes!
  • merged.webp
    merged.webp
    9.8 KB · Views: 1,755
  • options15.webp
    options15.webp
    48.5 KB · Views: 1,156
Author
tdev
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

4.75 star(s) 4 ratings

Latest updates

1. Added Usergroups, merge time

New features of 1.5: Added option that specifies the time until when to merge a post Added...

Latest reviews

Great add-on. Light, easy to configure, does exactly what it is supposed to do.
Would also be nice to add a possibility to put in the delimiter text the time passed since the previous post, e.g. "Posted after 15 minutes".
Is easy on RAM (low resource usage) and keeps my forum nice and tidy from both intentional and unintentional (glitch/internet lag) double posting. The newest update is excellent, as always from the addon's author.
Great add-on, it works great and keeps our forum nice and tidy. Thank you for not including any branding or strings attached.
This add-on is exactly what my board has needed since it opened. We have a major problem with people double-posting and continuing to do it even when given a friendly reminder by a moderator. When some of the known bugs are fixed, I will give it five stars. Thanks for this great add-on!
Top Bottom