Lack of interest Disable quick thread per forum

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm in the same boat... @TechBill, did you find a solution you could implement?

No

I haven't found a solution yet unless I choose to use an add-on that remove quick thread function in all forums.

I only wanted to remove it from the forum that is using custom addon to start a new thread and members are able to bypass it by using quick thread which is annoying because now I have a mix and match of the threads in that forum which is started by the custom add on and the quick thread box.

Sigh ......... hopefully the developers see the need to have the disable function per forum

or an addon developer to create an addon to disable quick thread function per forum and I will be first in line to buy the add on .......

If you're curious:
Code:
[data-container-key="node-18"] .structItem[data-xf-init^="quick-thread"]
{
display: none;
}
Change the 18 for the ID of the node you want to hide it from. To hide it in multiple nodes you'd repeat the first line like this:
Code:
[data-container-key="node-18"] .structItem[data-xf-init^="quick-thread"] ,
[data-container-key="node-19"] .structItem[data-xf-init^="quick-thread"]

Saying that, it's likely better to do in the thread_list_macros template as it prevents a double border. Pretty sure you'd just change:
Code:
<xf:if is="$forum.canCreateThread()">
to
Code:
<xf:if is="$forum.canCreateThread() AND !in_array($forum.node_id, [18, 19])">
With 18 and 19 being 2 example forums you don't want it in. Haven't tested that though.

Can we have a toggle in admin to enable/disable quick thread feature per forum?

Quick thread function is allowing user to bypass addon functions and I would like it disable in those forum that using custom addon to create a new post

thank you

You should talk to the add-on developer, as they should have taken the quick thread fact into consideration for their add-on. I do for my add-ons, create a new thread as normal, or use the quick thread function, the same functions/options are available both ways.

You should talk to the add-on developer, as they should have taken the quick thread fact into consideration for their add-on. I do for my add-ons, create a new thread as normal, or use the quick thread function, the same options are available both ways.

The addon is a Classified addon which create it own grid style to list it and use thread in forum as a discussion about the item listed.

The quick thread still need to be disabled for this to work.

If you're curious:
Much appreciated, Mike! :cool: I'll be playing around with that when I get home; I didn't think it'd be something that could be done easily enough in the templates! (OK, I may have been overthinking things a bit.)

In my use case scenario, I created a custom thread field that is not required (because it's available to a few different nodes) but in one particular node I'll be displaying a notice saying "Please fill in {CTF}..." and since CTFs can't be set as required per node I figured it'd be easier to disable the 'quick thread' for that node instead so that they will see the normal full editor with the CTF displayed & the notice on the screen. I'll likely end up using similar idea for a faux-classifieds node at some point.

The addon is a Classified addon which create it own grid style to list it and use thread in forum as a discussion about the item listed.

The quick thread still need to be disabled for this to work.

I see, :) My admin tools add-on is scheduled for an update within the next week or two, I'll add the remove quick thread option to it( per forum).

Thanks for the code!
And look what @BassMan went and did:

If this is going to be implemented, it would be nice to have \XF\Entity\Forum::canQuickCreateThread() as well.
This way, Add-ons that require full thread create could easily & cleany implicity disable Quick-Thread functionality.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(

I installed the disable quick thread addon and it worked wonders! buttttttttttt. the members found another loophole to start a new thread bypassing the addon .... They used the Post Thread button on the forum index page and select the forum with the addon to post in.

banging his head

sigh .... I will go post about it in the addon thread

Yeah, I would think hiding it from that menu would cause more confusion. Since it actually clicks the the full editor and not the quick perhaps your add-on author can include threads initiated from there.

Top Bottom