Compatible XF 2.x versions
  1. 2.2
Additional requirements
[cv6] Core -> https://xenforo.com/community/resources/cv6-core.8826/
Visible branding
No
Icons-01.png
Now new for XenForo 2.2.x

This AddOn works with the default Theme, if you change essential parts of the theme in your own styling, there may be changes to the template mods necessary. If it not works out of the box with your style, please drop me a conversation.

You can activate, if the nodes should be displayed in the admincp as well, and there is a brief icon preview n the settings.

Important: Now this AddOn requires my Core AddOn.

Settings in the Node Display Area of your Style:
nodeicon-style-settings.png

Forum Edit Settings: (Always with Icon Preview and brand new XenForo Asset uploader, works not with SVG)
Icons-03.png
Icons-02.png

You can add Duotone Icons and add every other FontAwesome Class to modify the icon (Exept sizing!)
Sample:

To enable the SVG Inject option, you need to turn this on in the Settings.

Now you can set Forums to read with a double click in the icon.
nodeicon-options.png

New: You now can collapse categories!
collapse.png
You can choose inside the categories, if they can be collapsed.
On a style base you can decide to disable collapsing and define the collapse Icon.

Have fun and tell me yout thoughts and ideas to improve this sneaky addon.

Have fun!

If you want to see, how it can look in Live Mode, just visit my Forum or look at this screenshot:
1655554988153.png
  • Icons-06.webp
    Icons-06.webp
    7.7 KB · Views: 380
  • Icons-07.webp
    Icons-07.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 1,980
  • Icons-04.webp
    Icons-04.webp
    8.1 KB · Views: 377
  • Icons-05.webp
    Icons-05.webp
    3.7 KB · Views: 354
  • Icons-08.webp
    Icons-08.webp
    10.8 KB · Views: 1,860
Author
Hoffi
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update

Ratings

5.00 star(s) 8 ratings

More resources from Hoffi

Latest updates

1. Version 1.3.2

Updated the admin templates to allow users to properly select and update the node icons. Fixed...
  2. 1.3.0 - Now with Node Collapse function

1.3.0 new Name - Node Icons & Tools new function: Collapse Categories - collapse icon each...
  3. Fixed Bug

1.2.1 Fixed bug with double click on default icon

Latest reviews

It is working as expected. Very good job! Thank you very much! I have been able to use a wide variety of different font awesome symbols.
Excellent ! Works great. Very handy to have and easy to use. Options are great with this add-on. A must-have! Thank you so much!
I have only used this to add FontAwesome icons, but with the latest release candidate populating subforum drop-down menus with the correct icons, this addon now does everything I need it to. Great work!
Very usefull and easy addon. Thanks for your work and the great support. It is always a pleasure with you.
This is one of the smoothest working add-ons I've used in a while. Very good and very helpful. Finally an app for sub-node icon change! And it's free too! Dev is very responsive and on the ball. Thank you again.
Hoffi
Hoffi
Thank you very much!
Very useful add-on to change the appearance of the forums and thus find the forums of your interest at first glance.
Work as expected, easy to configure.
It take's me just few minutes to configure all my icons like I wanted.
Thank you !
Works perfectly, very nice to have a personalized look to forums instead of the same icon for all of them.

Thanks for sharing this!
I am using this on my live site and happy with it.

Its a good addon developed by you and i love it to have on my forum.

Thank You
Top Bottom