XF2.3 feedback and comments

But if it doesn't matter for you fair enough - nobody forces you to comment. I do understand that you may know best what matters and what doesn't. But if it does matter for others then why not just leave the thread and let them comment/debate. That is what the thread is for:

XF2.3 feedback and comments​

If you can debate the colour of the text highlight, I can debate its importance surely?

If you can debate the colour of the text highlight, I can debate its importance surely?
Yes of course, but it wasn’t me who suggested we stop discussing it. In regards to the color it may well be subjective so I see little point in arguing that.But the more important issue is in regards to contrast which is to do with useability and accessibility - not so subjective.

Last edited:
Yes of course, but it wasn’t me who suggested we stop discussing it. In regards to the color it may well be subjective so I see little point in arguing that. but the more important issue is in regards to contrast which is to do with useability and accessibility - not so subjective.
Changing the selection color period is a cosmetic change, and has very little to do with usability or accessibility.

Usability wise, most people are already used to the defaults their OS/browser provides, so changing it makes no difference other than to fit your sites style.

Accessibility depends on what accessibility tools (applications, browsers, extensions, contrast mode) are used by the user, but in some cases, you changing the selection can interfere with those (it's rare).

As was mentioned previously, you can set the default selection color with almost no effort to the primary, secondary or any other color you wish in CSS, so debating something that comes down to individual preference serves very little purpose.

Code:
::-moz-selection{
background:hsl(var(--xf-editorSelectionBg));
color:hsl(var(--xf-editorSelectionColor))
}
.fr-wrapper ::selection{
background:hsl(var(--xf-editorSelectionBg));
color:hsl(var(--xf-editorSelectionColor))
}

There you go.

Or you can stop commenting.
Listen to how rude you sound dude.
Some of us are experincing the same issue as @Mr Lucky
He happens to use safari.
He isn't like you who uses a different browser.
All i hope is that it's not microsoft edge that you use.
Rude? For pointing out that trivialities really aren't worth bickering over and, as has been mentioned, can easily be modified? Hardly...

Rude? For pointing out that trivialities really aren't worth bickering over and, as has been mentioned, can easily be modified? Hardly...
Look, i've had my fair share of infractions for being rude myself on here. The staff here run this as a business forum.
i suggest you read the rules they have set. Just so you don't cop an infraction and 3 days off.
Keep the childish spats off here.
it's not your forum where you might abuse others on there.

BREAKING 🚨

XF 2.3 will be released in 2024.

(maybe)
👀👀

I ain’t saying it this time. But, yes.
Oh boy…

People asking when this will be released!!!

It will be released when it’s ready.

Oh Man No GIF by Elnaz  Abbasi

secondary or any other color you wish in CSS, so debating something that comes down to individual preference serves very little purpose.
The purpose is that after selecting text I want to be able to read what I selected. I find that very difficult, maybe it is something wrong with my eyes, so all I'm doing is giving feedback that I would like more contrast. It could well be that my eyes are compromised.

The purpose is that after selecting text I want to be able to read what I selected. I find that very difficult, maybe it is something wrong with my eyes, so all I'm doing is giving feedback that I would like more contrast. It could well be that my eyes are compromised.
Nothing wrong with your eyes - it hurts mine as well.

That lime green is a little off putting.
But do a check with your users to see how offputting the lime is that you use for the dark mode and get them to pick something else.
if you like citrus colours try different shades of orange.
It might be that you're noticing your colourblind.
It's not an issue as i check with my members if they have colour blindness.

Look, i've had my fair share of infractions for being rude myself on here. The staff here run this as a business forum.
i suggest you read the rules they have set. Just so you don't cop an infraction and 3 days off.
Keep the childish spats off here.
it's not your forum where you might abuse others on there.
Abuse? For stating an opinion...that's a new one.

It's a very minor issue with a very easy fix, it seems completely disingenuous to attempt to attack those who say as much or who point out that it can easily be rectified.

Abuse? For stating an opinion...that's a new one.

It's a very minor issue with a very easy fix, it seems completely disingenuous to attempt to attack those who say as much or who point out that it can easily be rectified.
Give these a read
You're the one that chooses to flame me all the time mate. I can put you on my ignore list but you'll still laugh react at everything which causes the abuse to happen.
You're not helping.

Last edited:
Top Bottom