XF2.3 feedback and comments

Seems like the issue with the colour only happens when you're actually using and creating posts while using dark mode yourself. It basically adds the white color bbcode to your post if you're using dark mode
I can't get it to do that. Copy paste in dark mode seems to be fine, no unwanted bbcode added.

Maybe a browser thing

I can't get it to do that. Copy paste in dark mode seems to be fine, no unwanted bbcode added.

Maybe a browser thing

I'm guessing you have bb code toggled off in your message editor. Try toggling it on (using the double square bracket icon at the top right of the editor - just before the preview button). Then try copy/paste and see what happens.

No bbcode is on, ie I can see the editor icons and bbcode is automatically applied fo bold etc.

Or is that what you mean by bbcode off?

Strange. The color effect (bug) only happens on my end when bb code is toggled on (rich text copy/paste instead of plain text copy/paste). You (folks experiencing the issue) can toggle the bb code off before posting to remove the COLOR bb code from your posts.

I appreciate the new feature that when a specific post is linked, it doesn't preview the beginning of the thread but the requested post.
However, I believe that the way the post preview is displayed when linking is much nicer in the previous generation.
Yes I also preferred that, the new way is way too big.

Will we be able to still choose the old way of unfurling?
so embed post is better because the content is from the linked post.
Not always. If someone links using the post number, then it shows the first post instead. See here

When selecting text, isn't the colour of the selection too dark? Unless it is a deliberate change.

XF 2.3:
SCR-20231203-kizu.webp
Yes, it is not very pleasant - will we be able to change this somewhere?

Hmm, grey, I prefer light blue :)

Yes, that one in the text editor is not pleasant at all.

1704132996511.webp

Last edited:
Or we could just stop debating things that really don't matter
But if it doesn't matter for you fair enough - nobody forces you to comment. I do understand that you may know best what matters and what doesn't. But if it does matter for others then why not just leave the thread and let them comment/debate. That is what the thread is for:

XF2.3 feedback and comments​

Or we could just stop debating things that really don't matter :rolleyes:
Or you can stop commenting.
Listen to how rude you sound dude.
Some of us are experincing the same issue as @Mr Lucky
He happens to use safari.
He isn't like you who uses a different browser.
All i hope is that it's not microsoft edge that you use.

• Wow
Reactions: Lee
Top Bottom