Resource icon

XF Basic Dictionary (A-Z)

yeah I see your point and I did add all the nodes/
But I have to cut off before getting into the compications of how to do things/ options. This is just meant to be a quick defintiions thing. Not a manual.

Fair enough.. I just figured as you did add all the nodes, it would make sense to have Pages in a basic list since they're an interesting and useful part of XenForo. It's not like you're writing explanations on how to use them, just what it is when it's referred to :)

You forgot one....

Super Administrator - Commonly refereed to as Super Admin (SuperAdmin) or S Admin (SAdmin). The lead administrator originally made upon first install of XenForo as user id #1, but can be reassigned and is always issued and granted through the configuration file in /library/config.php as opposed to being assigned through the Administrator Control Panel (AdminCP).

PHP:
$config['superAdmins'] = '1';

The Super Administrator has absolute unquestionable power and authority above all. And unlike normal Administrators, Super Moderators, Moderators, Members, Guest, or any other user group or member you may have assigned to your community, the user name assigned as a Super Admin can not be deleted or banned.

This individual by default also has complete unrestricted access globally throughout AdminCP and the front end, able to see and access everything and all possible settings by default. Including the authority to install, uninstall, and modify add-ons, templates, styles, 3rd party products, and grant or deny authority on other user groups or member without question.

In the simplest terms, The Super Administrator essentially has the power of "God" on your community.

It is possible to have more than one Super Administrator, but highly not advisable. As a rouge Super Administrator does have the power to delete everything and everyone.

Use with caution.

Last edited:
@Adam thanks. I put in a brief note.
Isnt it necessary to assign Moderator permissions even to an SA? I always find that odd.

@Andrej either you find it intuitively obvious or you dont and there are many exchanges about this one.

As Adam says "The Super Administrator has absolute unquestionable power and authority above all."
So one assumes there are no limits on their powers. Then suddenly you find you actually can't do certain things. That doesnt make sense.

@Andrej either you find it intuitively obvious or you dont and there are many exchanges about this one.

As Adam says "The Super Administrator has absolute unquestionable power and authority above all."
So one assumes there are no limits on their powers. Then suddenly you find you actually can't do certain things. That doesnt make sense.

The initial Super Administrator that is there upon install (ID No.1) has no limits on its power. It's already set as Super Admin, Admin and Moderator when you first log into it.

Can not be banned unless by another Super Admin
-- Incorrect. Super Admin can not ban another Super Admin.

config.php overwrites all functions. The Super Admin can not be banned or deleted without being first removed from config.php, thus no longer being a Super Admin.

You clearly either didn't read my message or didn't follow it.

The initial Super Administrator that is there upon install (ID No.1) has no limits on its power. It's already set as Super Admin, Admin and Moderator when you first log into it.

THIS.

Which is basically what I said....

The lead administrator originally made upon first install of XenForo as user id #1

On the font size issue vs scrolling this just isn't going to please everyone whichever way I do it. I may add a text file download which could be a fix. I'd prepared this and Azhria also thinks this a good solution (on the other version thread).

Why not just print it into a PDF file? Then attach the PDF file as the resource?

Top Bottom