Xenforo 2 questions and subdomain/fixed after "slash" forum name

KensaiMage

Hello,
It's my first post here. Here are my questions:
1. How do I buy Xenforo 2? On the main webpage I can see only a link to buy Xenforo, not Xenforo 2.
2. Is the license valid for lifetime?
3. Are xenforo 2.00 - 2.99 updates free? How about jumping from xenforo 2 to 3 in future? If not - how much could it cost?
4. If I have a website called example.com do I need to buy 3 licenses for 1 main domain and 2 subdomains?
for example:
example.com
law.example.com
medicine.example.com

What I mean is I would like to make all topics from law appear on law.example.com/furtheraddress and all topics from medicine appear on medicine.example.com/furtheraddress . How do I do this?

Another option is to make all law topics appear on address like example.com/law/furtheraddress and all medicine topics appear on address like example.com/medicine/furtheraddress - is there any way of making the xenforo 2 work like that?

I do not want my website to have the same similar address for medicine and law forums like example.com/forums/category?=21 / category?=22 etc (just an example)

I hope you could help me with the questions of mine. Thanks!

Simply process the purchase as normal. It allows you download access to both the 1.x and 2.x lines for a 12 month period, which is then renewable every year for $40 (forum only, 1st party add-ons will increase that amount).

The license itself is valid for a lifetime unless suspended for violation of the license agreement.

The base $40 (plus any additional 1st party add-on renewals) have to be done after the first 12 months to maintain download access to newer versions.

From your indication, you would require three licenses since they are basically separate. What you are asking about is typically referred to as a multi-site and XF does not support that natively. There was/is an add-on for the 1.x line that enabled that, but I don't know how effective it is.

Top Bottom