[xBt] Random Quote [Deleted]

BegemotUral

BegemotUral submitted a new resource:

[xBt] Random Quote - The plugin will allow you to display the widget with a random quote.

The plugin will allow you to display the widget with a random quote.
Quotes are added manually.

Widget:

View attachment 176657

Link to quote Manager page:

View attachment 176658

Quotes Manager page:

View attachment 176659

Page to add a quote:

View attachment 176660

Quote editing page:

View attachment 176661

If the quote is not active, the indicator will change.

View attachment 176662

Group permissions:

View attachment 176663

Read more about this resource...

Hi, it's in the plans, but the first priority is to make the download pictures through the quotes Manager, without the need to climb to FTP.

On the other hand, we will implement your request, but only on the condition that the background will be selected independently. To be honest, I don't have any ideas about it yet.

Since the addon is based on the widget system, I think it will not be difficult to place it anywhere, providing the style setting.

Hi,

I'm really pleased to see this addon and will be picking it up as I upgrade my forum to XF2. Couple of questions:

- Our quotes don't have pictures, are pictures required?
- Is there anyway for users to submit quotes?
- Is there anyway to bulk upload quotes? I think we have a few hundred on the existing forum! (www.vampirecounts.net)

Thanks

Our quotes don't have pictures, are pictures required?
Yes, photos are needed. So far the download is manual, but now we are working on an update where this need will disappear. There will also be an option to turn off the photo when creating and editing a quote.
Is there anyway for users to submit quotes?
The question is incomprehensible :(
Is there anyway to bulk upload quotes? I think we have a few hundred on the existing forum! (www.vampirecounts.net)
No, just a manual creation, no loading (If I understood the question correctly).

Yes, photos are needed.
Ok. I will have to wait until the update where the picture disappears, will that be soon?

The question is incomprehensible
On my existing forum, there is a page where members can submit quotes to the admin, who then approve or not. You can see it here: http://www.vampirecounts.net/quotes/

No, just a manual creation, no loading (If I understood the question correctly).
Ok, I assume I can manually update the database records though?

Ok. I will have to wait until the update where the picture disappears, will that be soon?

Make an intermediate version where you can turn off adding photos, not long. I'll do it tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

On my existing forum, there is a page where members can submit quotes to the admin, who then approve or not. You can see it here:

Such functionality is not included in the plans, as it would be necessary to check whether there is a quote already added in the database or not. This would greatly complicate the plugin.

Ok, I assume I can manually update the database records though?

If you mean through a query in the database, then yes.

Top Bottom