what to do with members who's Email-address is bouncing ?

Give the unconfirmed group profile editing permission - the system has already been tweaked for 1.3.
Is there anyway to stop emails to members in this group? I put them there mostly to stop my site from getting spam flagged but they get sent anyway,

You don't put people in that group. Just change their user state and their permissions will automatically be treated as that group. With the side effect that we don't send subscription emails, for example.

You don't put people in that group. Just change their user state and their permissions will automatically be treated as that group. With the side effect that we don't send subscription emails, for example.
That's what I meant sorry. Old terminology from former software dies hard. :D

Seems other mods like monthly newsletters and such don't do this right then as they still get those emails.

Changing your email address is not limited by the "edit profile" permission in 1.3. Previously, it created situations where you could make a mistake and not be able to rectify it (as unconfirmed users can't modify their profile by default).

Changing your email address is not limited by the "edit profile" permission in 1.3. Previously, it created situations where you could make a mistake and not be able to rectify it (as unconfirmed users can't modify their profile by default).
That's a huge advantage for 1.3. I didn't think of that.

You can get plenty of members signing up via proxy email addresses. Best thing to do is to ban the proxy email addresses along with fake accounts to get around a ban.

Also start a converstation with them telling them that their email address isn't valid and can they please advise you of the change of email address. If they don't reply ban them. Telling them that this is a temporary measure until they provide a new email address that is valid.

Back
Top Bottom