XF 2.2 What add-ons/options exist for showing news/linking content outside of the forum?

jayhawku

Through searching I saw an RSS feed option which is close but not quite what I'm looking for. I host a politics themed forum and I'd like to try and draw in more traffic by displaying pertinent news of the day possibly. AVSForum has a layout where users posts are displayed as thumbnails at the top of the main page so I wondered if I could get something like that to display news articles that I would input myself.

Not sure if I made sense here but is there anything like what I'm looking for out there already?

Thanks in advance and as always, thanks for all the help!

Not sure if I made sense here but is there anything like what I'm looking for out there already?
Basically you are wanting the ability to have live newsfeeds coming in from outside sites if I understand you correctly?
Other than RSS feeds, I'm not aware of anything native to XF that does that.
Maybe this add-on would work?

As for other... you can probably create a widget to display only articles/posts from a certain area of your site and possibly by a certain person. I have not done that level of template mods myself, so would be no help.

Basically you are wanting the ability to have live newsfeeds coming in from outside sites if I understand you correctly?
Other than RSS feeds, I'm not aware of anything native to XF that does that.
Maybe this add-on would work?

As for other... you can probably create a widget to display only articles/posts from a certain area of your site and possibly by a certain person. I have not done that level of template mods myself, so would be no help.
Wow, thanks for pointing out I wasn't clear.

I would like to post a news article and perhaps the thumbnail and preview would be auto generated much like it is when posting a link. So I would manually go in and post all of the links myself everyday.

So the below:

A thumbnail would pull that pic and pull that headline and display it for users to see. Or something like that.

Basically, I'm looking for a way to posts news on my forum that is not a thread/post but kind of an add-on. I assume.

Thanks and sorry for the confusion.

Top Bottom