XF 2.2 Warning on Install - PHP

BasilFawlty

When I start the install, I get this warning:

The following warnings were detected when verifying that your server can run XenForo:
  • Your server has disabled a core PHP function exec via the disable_functions directive in php.ini. This may cause unexpected problems in XenForo.
These will not prevent you from using XenForo, but they should be resolved if possible to ensure optimal functioning. However, you may still continue with the installation.

However, when I look at disable_funtions in PHP.ini I do not see exec listed (in fact I see no functions listed as disabled.

Something else I need to do to enable "exec"?

Did you click the link in my post?

Perhaps you should take your own advice and read posts close enough!

My apologies - I did look at several of those Google search results and, perhaps I missed it, but could not find how to enable "exec" when PHP.ini say it's not disabled. I did see:

"exec is currently only used by XFMG and only if FFmpeg integration is enabled, though we've added it as a core function in case we decide to use it for more things in the future."

And since I am planning to use XFMG I'd like to know how to enable exec. Do you know if there is another place on my server where that would be disabled so I could re-enable it? Thanks in advance.

(it's a dedicated server I have full access to)

Top Bottom