XF 1.3 VERY odd SPAM sign up issue?

Okenyon

Hey all, so yesterday I started receiving emails that people can't sign up due to a "spam" issue on the sign up page. Saying they are being flagged or something?

I checked the spam trigger and its here, whats going on and how do I resolve this quickly please?

Screen Shot 2014-10-23 at 17.58.56.webp

There is no default setting.

As already stated, it is whatever works for your site, based on the type of spammers you receive.

You will have to experiment.

Ok well i'll be honest I have no idea what I should be experimenting with?

I've never had this issue before so for example should I turn them all up 1? I really don't know.. @Brogan

Last edited:
Ok well i'll be honest I have no idea what I should be experimenting with?

I've never had this issue before so for example should I turn them all up 1? I really don't know.. @Brogan
I'd recommend that you only change one thing at a time rather than multiple things, or you'll have no idea what is making a difference/causing a problem.

On my site I have "Moderate registrations when this many warning flags are detected" set to 1. All of the rest are the same as in your screenshot. I suggest you try changing that first and see if it makes a difference.

Guys i'm having a real hard time figuring this SPAM issue out - anymore help please?

I've messed with settings but still getting 10-20 sign ups a day that are SPAM.

The username always start with two capital letters like ATravis

Guys i'm having a real hard time figuring this SPAM issue out - anymore help please?

I've messed with settings but still getting 10-20 sign ups a day that are SPAM.

The username always start with two capital letters like ATravis
What are your current settings? Have you addressed the issues mentioned above, especially the one from Mike?

A screenshot of all current settings would be helpful.

So going by those settings, these spammers presumably are getting through and posting on your forum i.e. they are not getting moderated or rejected?

You don't have a Project Honey Pot key - why not get one of those?

You haven't shown the other settings below this on the page.

It would also be worth you upgrading to XenForo 1.4 as there have been anti-spam improvements added:

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/anti-spam-improvements.79097/

Top Bottom