XF 2.1 vbulletin redirects not working at all

mazdas247

Imported by forum from vbulletin 442 preserving IDs. Installed the redirct plugin and .htaccess, modified index.php too as per instructions.

Now, I have an old thread at URL like:

Clearly the thread id is 123869759. Sure enough xenforo (runing on port 82) sees thread site at:

If I try to access the old forum URL on the new site, having installed .htaccess + index.php into "forum" folder of new site, I get

1577026828378.png

I checked the index exists:

1577027589666.png

And
  • the relevant table is configured in the plugin
  • the plugin is enabled
  • I tried to disenable+re-enable the plugin
  • I tried to uninstall + reinstall the plugin

So, now what? How might I troubleshoot this? Posting here before I open a support ticket.

Hi @Iggy just an FYI, after enabling debug + development mode and printf debugging I figured it out, I had misconfigured the "RewriteBase" in the .htaccess. I commented that out and it worked immediately. I'm willing to give you a hand. But remember, you need assuming you're using apache, you need mod_rewrite enabled, and you need "AllowOverride All" for the folder containing the .htaccess and "index.php"

thank you, it is a very kind offer...im glad you got things worked out, but with us we are using nginx and we have a couple other issues higher on the list atm unfortunately. i see a few people having problems with it, i think it will need to be a dedicated focus to resolve..

@Iggy just my five cents, but the real win of nginx is for static content serving. That is to say, not to fork (even if prefork) the fat apache binary for serving a 50 byte gif. In the past I accomplished this setting up a different domain with lighttpd serving static content. This was in a different time. Today I'm using nginx and routing only the php files to an apache backend. And for the love of god, containerize everything using official images so you can easily stage/perform updates.

Best of luck!

yes, it is an image heavy project is why...ive ran a split config like you are saying on a centos build before, but now it seems to be more about arch linux which can make some things a little more complicated.. i always felt those image serves were the biggest bottlenecks anyway and php versions keeps getting faster, interesting to think about tho...

the sad part is not having the redirects means preventing php upgrades as the vb4 cannot handle it(on same domain).....we also have vbseo redirects from a previous upgrade from vb3 so it is a little mess i think i need to just make time get in the mud with...and hopefully someone will help by then lol..

cheers

As I say, use whatever linux distro you feel like using, but if you leverage docker then you isolate yourself from platform specific limitations. Then you can both use arch linux, and at the same time use official docker image of apache, ngins, mysql, etc etc

Top Bottom