Duplicate vBulletin importers - access masks are not imported

DragonByte Tech

Access masks do not appear to be imported at all. The vBulletin equivalent would be an entry in the xf_permission_entry_content table, akin setting viewNode to content_allow if access mask is 1, deny if access mask is 0, or nothing if access mask is -1 (default / reset).

Fillip

I'm fairly sure all access masks are imported, but there was a typo so that the entry for viewNode was actually viewContent. This was fixed in some other bug report.

I'm assuming the outward signs of this bug were that you had no visible nodes after import (or at least, nodes with custom permissions weren't visible)?

I'm assuming the outward signs of this bug were that you had no visible nodes after import (or at least, nodes with custom permissions weren't visible)?
We used to use access masks to grant people who purchased our products access to Pro-only support forums - IIRC the outward signs were the fact that they could no longer access those forums.

That being said this was quite a while ago so I may be misremembering, but it sounds like that may have been the result yeah.

We ultimately ended up collapsing the structure so there was no longer a separate Lite/Pro support forum structure anyway, so we weren't affected by this bug.

Fillip

Top Bottom