vBulletin 4 to XenForo Importer [Deleted]

Thanks for the information. I just wanted to be sure. It is not a huge problem.

You're very much welcome.

I do find the following though does help the odds of importing.

• Backup your vBulletin database 1st
  • Run analyze, repair, and optimize database
  • If any errors are found, repeat until corrected
This should correct any errors in the source database & also speed up the imports a little.

I am having a problem when importing users:

Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ON (user.userid = userfield.userid) STRAIGHT_JOIN vb_usertextfield AS usertex' at line 12
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 756
  6. XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepUsers() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
  7. XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
  8. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 232
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 175
  10. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home//changed/html/site/admin.php at line 13

Importing from vBulletin 4.1.11 to XenForo 1.1.2

I am having a problem when importing users:

Importing from vBulletin 4.1.11 to XenForo 1.1.2

Something is clearly wrong with either your files, server setup, or one or both databases.

• Makes sure safe mode is OFF (for php)
  • Backup your vBulletin database
  • Do a analyse, repair, optimize on your vBulletin database (repeat repair until no errors are found & all is successful)
  • Re-upload all your XenForo files & also the importer files.
Do one of the following..... depending on where you're at.

1) If you do not yet have an established XenForo community, try re-installing from scratch.

OR

2) If you do have an established XenForo community (in which case, you should have backed up before)

• Backup your XenForo database
  • Do a analyse, repair, optimize on your XenForo database (repeat repair until no errors are found & all is successful)

Thanks mate, we can importing to a clean installation of XenForo will let you know how it goes.

If you're importing vBulletin into an already established XenForo community (which has members and post) ..... There is a box you need to un-check (or maybe check) that tells the importer not to save user ID numbers & thread numbers..... ie..... for example...

XenForo has a user named, JOHN and his user ID is 12
vBulletin has a user named, BILL and his user ID is 12

Well they both can't be #12. So you'll need to allow the importer to change that number. Bill will end up being number "X" (next available number), but will still be named "Bill" provided there is not already a "Bill".

If there is already a "Bill" in XenForo, the "Bill" from vBulletin will be re-named "Bill_001" (something along those lines). The importer will inform you & "Bill" of this change.

Hi!

I have problems with importing.
Last button what i can click is "Import Thread Prefixes". After that all buttons are inactive :( Can someone help please ?

Does this work on vBulletin 4.1.12

Yes (and any version before it).

If you run into any issues see this post
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vbulletin-4-to-xenforo-importer.27758/page-2#post-334868

Will this work on vBulletin 4.2 when it is released?

Unknown at this time. The way vBulletin staff seem to suggest (comment) that vBulletin 4.2 will change a lot of structural coding. Of course 4.2 isn't even coded yet (let alone released) ... ie... It's still a "thought".

I've just run a test import on a small (Members: 155, Threads: 619, Posts: 4,174) but highly customised vBulletin 4.1.12 > XF 1.1.2 (clean install) and I'm very pleased with the results. For some reason I had a devil of a job entering the correct db settings but once I'd conquered that one the import went ahead with no errors.

The only problem I've found is that the permissions for forums with restricted access are incorrect but I'm sure that's easily corrected. I was particularly pleased to see that the albums of which we have a huge number were imported as posts into a new forum. That alone will save me days of work.

So thanks to everyone who had input into this importer and thanks to TheVisitors for putting it all together (y)

Greetings! Have a fresh install of XF awaiting import. When I attempted to import, I received this error:

Code:
[SIZE=13px][FONT=Trebuchet MS]The source database connection details are not correct: Access denied for user '[removed]'@'localhost' (using password: YES)[/FONT][/SIZE]

I tried assigning a couple of other users to the db, but still received the same message. Finally, I contacted my host, explained my purpose, and had them create the user and set the permissions. Yet, I'm still getting the same error. Anything else I can check?

Greetings! Have a fresh install of XF awaiting import. When I attempted to import, I received this error:

Code:
[SIZE=13px][FONT=Trebuchet MS]The source database connection details are not correct: Access denied for user '[removed]'@'localhost' (using password: YES)[/FONT][/SIZE]

I tried assigning a couple of other users to the db, but still received the same message. Finally, I contacted my host, explained my purpose, and had them create the user and set the permissions. Yet, I'm still getting the same error. Anything else I can check?

Keep in mind that it is case sensitive.

Make sure your entering the full database name and user name (for the database).

A lot of shared or managed hosting (typical cPanel) use a prefix in the database names and sometimes even the user name for the database.

So lets say for example, your log-in user name for cPanel are X and the name of your database is Y. Your database's full name would be X_Y (thus entering in just Y, would be incorrect).

Sometimes this also applies to the database user name as well. But X value could be either the Y value in your database name or in rare moments, the X value of the above example.

(Hope you got all that).

Make sure that you're also imputing the correct default port for MySQL. Some host do change this.

Thank you for this. I've confirmed that the case and prefix are entered properly. However, I am reaching out to my host to confirm that the server and port are correct.

Thanks, again!

I sent my host a screenshot of the config screen. They confirmed that the host, server, db, username, and pw are all correct. Is there anything else that I can check (or ask them to check)?

I sent my host a screenshot of the config screen. They confirmed that the host, server, db, username, and pw are all correct. Is there anything else that I can check (or ask them to check)?
You should be good.

Remember to re-read the instructions (follow them) and start the import. If you run into any errors (typically vBulletin database issues), see this post as it is most helpful.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/vbulletin-4-to-xenforo-importer.27758/page-2#post-334868

Good luck and welcome to XenForo :)

Top Bottom