XF 2.1 UNFURL not working?

surfsup

See attachments, yes I have it checked too by default. never changed - what can I do?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 6.06.39 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 6.06.39 PM.webp
    11 KB · Views: 61
  • Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 6.06.47 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 6.06.47 PM.webp
    21 KB · Views: 60
There's a testing tool in your Admin CP under Tools that will provide info as to why it might be failing.

Also, it's useful if you paste the same URL here to see if it works here. It also helps us with troubleshooting (because I don't quite fancy typing that one out manually from your screenshot :p)

(because I don't quite fancy typing that one out manually from your screenshot :p)
I was bored :D

Worky.

Note that unfurling only applies to URLs that are written on their own line (which makes sense with the block styling). Your example seems to have it on the same line as text.
Ah! Ok this makes sense now, that is why - because I had it with other content. Thx for clarifying this for me :)

Just to get clarification - if the tool in the ACP spits out information - a title, description, and image, then it should unfurl in a post, correct? If it does work in the tool but not in the post, what would the next step in troubleshooting be? I tested the URL in the preview for this post and it worked.

The usual troubleshooting steps apply - disable all add-ons and test in a completely default style.

Also ensure that the unfurling option is enabled.

If it still doesn't work, then it has to be something server related, which your sysadmin or host will need to look into to.

The usual troubleshooting steps apply - disable all add-ons and test in a completely default style.

Also ensure that the unfurling option is enabled.

If it still doesn't work, then it has to be something server related, which your sysadmin or host will need to look into to.
Will do - will I have to keep posting test posts or should the existing posts start working?

Unfurl Not Working What is the problem ? the picture on the subject does not appear, the site logo appears Can you help me ?

xenforo ver : v2.1.7

Ps:After removing the seo2 plugin it started to give this error.

Last edited:
Top Bottom