TinyMCE Fix (NO MORE SUPPORTED)

TinyMCE Fix (NO MORE SUPPORTED) 0.7.1

No permission to download
The reason why I really appreciate what you have done with this mod is that it fixes the iPad, mobiles etc to be able to use the RTE for smilies etc...turning the mobiles option off would unfortunately defeat this purpose for me...don't get me wrong, it is a great mod and I do very much appreciate it and say thanks for doing it, it's just a pity that some users can't post from their mobile device with it.

Yes Cedric, I did also upload the default XF file ({forums}/library/XenForo/ViewPublic/Helper/Editor.php) for the one that I edited as per your instructions so that shouldn't be causing any issues after uninstalling the mod...in fact I un-installed the enhancements mod, I then uninstalled the Fix mod, I then uploaded all the default XF files that you included in your mod and then finally uploaded the XF default Editor.php file to replace the one that was modified for mobiles...and I ended up with just the editor and NOT the Rich Text Editor (my settings has the RTF ticked as well)
I've done it more than 10 times when doing some tests between both editor versions and I didn't have any problems. Be sure to have fully uninstall the TinyFix and to have uploaded the original files in the correct directory (check the mce minor version at the begin of this file: http://{yourwebsite}/{forums}/js/tinymce/tiny_mce.js to be sure).

On our site I am experiencing lag in the editor with iPad and iPhone as are other users. Also the auto correct is flat out crazy when you have to backspace to fix a typo.

I can setup a test account if you like or need. Love the addon and appreciate your work!

The reason why I really appreciate what you have done with this mod is that it fixes the iPad, mobiles etc to be able to use the RTE for smilies etc...turning the mobiles option off would unfortunately defeat this purpose for me...don't get me wrong, it is a great mod and I do very much appreciate it and say thanks for doing it, it's just a pity that some users can't post from their mobile device with it.
I have a little time this morning and I've tried to disable the TinyMCE Enhancements and there is a JS error after which prevent the editor to load. It seems it comes from the paste plugin (when disable/the js console displays a bug). This is not logic. I need to take more time to check this.

My god, I'm stupid. I forgot to take bake buttons from the BBCM. TinyMCE is looking for these Buttons (a button is linked to a TinyMCE function, the addon is disable, the function is no more there but is still called, bug).

I'm going to write it in the addon description.

On our site I am experiencing lag in the editor with iPad and iPhone as are other users. Also the auto correct is flat out crazy when you have to backspace to fix a typo.

I can setup a test account if you like or need. Love the addon and appreciate your work!
I've just made some tests on my ipod touch (last model - last version of iOS - 6.1) and ipad v2
Common problems: once a button is selected, it can be unselect but it still displays selected. This problem is also on the official TinyMCE Demo.
Ipod Touch problem: the cursor/caret position is often redirected to the top of the screen. This problem isn't on the official TinyMCE Demo. Now the official demo is not using the same integration than XenForo (iframe mode). Edit: this problem is only when the lastest messages appear at first and TinyMCE is displayed at the top (external addon) with Safari (working with Chrome).
Ipod Touch: no problem
Ipad: no problem

As I've repeated several times, and even wrote in the addon options, I don't recommend to use TinyMCE with mobile devices (except tablets). Now in the next version of this addon, for the most stubborn of you who still want to activate TinyMCE on mobile devices, I will an extra option that will let members to select if they want to use or not TinyMCE on their mobile (not tablet). But I insist again : on mobile devices, users don't need as many buttons as on desktop version. So the unsupported version of the MarkItUp editor is enough.

Considering this I'm not going to try to correct those bugs this bug. It requires a crazy amount of time of debugging and I haven't. I could tell you to inform the TinyMCE developers about this, but it will be useless: they are working on TinyMCE 4.0 beta that should be available in a few weeks, and will certainly don't take time to read your comments.

I would also like to underline the fact that this addon is not only to activate TinyMCE on mobiles. It corrects annoying behaviours with the XenForo parser (that was the purpose of this addon) & activates fast overlays.

cclaerhout updated TinyMCE Fix with a new update entry:

Version 0.6 released

Version 0.6 released
  • For those who selected to use TinyMCE on mobile devices (not recommended), there is now an option for your users: they can select to enable or disable it. So if you use TinyMCE on mobile devices, this option is automatic now. By default it will be enable for all users (to keep the previous behaviour). But there's an option to reverse this behaviour (see inside the options)
To update: upload files and import XML file

If you...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have Activate TinyMCE on mobile devices? set to NO.

Should I checked User option reverse also?
To have the value = 0

Hi, we have this addon installed to our website. When I'm trying to save Preferences in my settings, I'm getting this error: The field 'tinyfix_rte_mobile' was not recognised.

Could you please fix this? Thanks in advance. :)

Hi, we have this addon installed to our website. When I'm trying to save Preferences in my settings, I'm getting this error: The field 'tinyfix_rte_mobile' was not recognised.

Could you please fix this? Thanks in advance. :)
Do other people have this problem, I've checked my install file and this problem should not occur.
To fix it, use phpmyadmin and run this request:
Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_user_option ADD tinyfix_rte_mobile TINYINT( 3 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '1'

Oh may be I don't need to use UNSIGNED
If it doesn't work, run instead this request:
Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_user_option ADD tinyfix_rte_mobile TINYINT( 3 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1'

Do other people have this problem, I've checked my install file and this problem should not occur.
Luke Foreman aka. Darkimmortal seems to have this bug too on his forums.

To fix it, use phpmyadmin and run this request:
Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_user_option ADD tinyfix_rte_mobile TINYINT( 3 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '1'

Oh may be I don't need to use UNSIGNED
If it doesn't work, run instead this request:
Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_user_option ADD tinyfix_rte_mobile TINYINT( 3 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1'
Thanks, we well try that asap.

I have this problem when saving/modifying custom user fields preferences.

The field 'tinyfix_rte_mobile' was not recognised.

When running this: ALTER TABLE xf_user_option ADD tinyfix_rte_mobile TINYINT( 3 ) UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT '1'
I got this error: #1060 - Duplicate column name 'tinyfix_rte_mobile'

Error:#1060 - Duplicate column name 'tinyfix_rte_mobile'

Top Bottom