Prefix Forum Listing

Prefix Forum Listing 1.2.5

No permission to download
You should send a commit with your fix (I think it's the same that I've done yesterday but I can't find back my commit - I'm quite tired), it would help Furhmann to check the different solutions.

I'm afraid my modifications are more of a hacks than "official" level modifications. I just wanted to share this information so people, just like you, with real experience and knowledge of Xenforo, can review this information and then decided if it is the official path that should be taken or is it completely wrong and questionable... Besides, I have never used a service like Github before.

It would be nice if you could commit the fix, since I don't have account or anything on Github.

How can i make it when i go in a forum area il see direct the thread sorted(with the default first prefix sorting)?

Hi @Fuhrmann ,
Server Error

array_multisort() [function.array-multisort]: Argument #1 is expected to be an array or a sort flag

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
array_multisort() in PrefixForumListing/Model/PrefixListing.php at line 38
PrefixForumListing_Model_PrefixListing->multi_sort() in PrefixForumListing/Extend/ControllerPublic/Forum.php at line 140
PrefixForumListing_Extend_ControllerPublic_Forum->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/abcdchat/public_html/index.php at line 13
The below two are the criteria in order to see the error above when going to a specific forum node (with prefixes):
  1. When users are in two usergroups (primary + secondary), and
  2. When the prefixes in the forum node are not usable by all the usergroups (in my case, only Administrative usergroup's members can use the prefix).
To confirm the above, I did some tests. The below two situations are examples that the error doesn't occur and thread list in such forum nodes are view-able.
  1. The error doesn't occur when users are in only one usergroup and prefixes in the forum node aren't usable by all usergroups.
  2. By further checking it, when users who are in one/two usergroups access a forum node that contain prefixes that are usable by all usergroups, no errors were shown.
Hope to see a fix for this. Thank you :)

In short:

1 usergroup + restricted prefixes = forum node no errors
2 usergroups + restricted prefixes = forum node has errors
1 usergroup + usable prefixes by all = forum node no errors
2 usergroups + usable prefixes by all = forum node no errors

Those interested in the 1.2 compatibility can use the attached file. I tested this on my test setup and it seems to be working fine. Use the original xml file for the add-on.

@Lior. was kind enough to help me with the 1.2 compatibility.
Thank you. Would this work on 1.1 XF or only on 1.2?

@Fuhrmann the addon is not compactible with the latest version of XenForo 1.2. When I activate it, forum list disappears "requested forum nor found".

Top Bottom