Tapatalk Forum App for xenForo - iOS / Android / Windows Phone Mobile App [Deleted]

Great for showing how much revenue we are potentially losing without the ability to run Adsense.
Yeah I hear ya. Unfortunately there is no other alternatives out there...my users utilize Tapatalk constantly on the go, they love it. Tried to pitch the responsive, a no go, they dont like it. :(

Yeah I hear ya. Unfortunately there is no other alternatives out there...my users utilize Tapatalk constantly on the go, they love it. Tried to pitch the responsive, a no go, they dont like it. :(
Simply remove it, citing security issues (which is true). You'll get moaned at, you may even lose a few folk but most will stay and will get used to responsive design and eventually come to realise that it's better than Tapatalk. If big forums like @Clickfinity's CycleChat can do it then so can other sites.

The responsive framework is an awesome alternative..you just have to twist your members arms a bit to get them to try it before they cry about it.. I suppose I'm more of the mind of Facebook where ya get what they give us. I don't recall ever getting a vote. But at the same time i suppose it's cool you give your community veto power on such important administrative decisions. I'm sure they appreciate it.

Simply remove it, citing security issues (which is true). You'll get moaned at, you may even lose a few folk but most will stay and will get used to responsive design and eventually come to realise that it's better than Tapatalk. If big forums like @Clickfinity's CycleChat can do it then so can other sites.

I did - and I got a few complaints, but not as many as expected and most people have since got used to the responsive design.

Sometimes your needs and wants as an owner have to take precedent over the community; sure, consider them in everything you do, but if you feel a third-party add-on, application or association is no longer good for your site, just end, close or remove it. People will be annoyed, but if they value the site/community they'll stick around and continue to use and support it.

The responsive framework is an awesome alternative..you just have to twist your members arms a bit to get them to try it before they cry about it.. I suppose I'm more of the mind of Facebook where ya get what they give us. I don't recall ever getting a vote. But at the same time i suppose it's cool you give your community veto power, I'm sure they appreciate it.
My community gets a say in what happens too. However, with something like security, that is paramount and will override the wishes of the majority. As it is, I explained everything to my members and the majority understood the reasons for removing it.

My community gets a say in what happens too. However, with something like security, that is paramount and will override the wishes of the majority. As it is, I explained everything to my members and the majority understood the reasons for removing it.
I get it and that's cool, far be it from me to judge what works and what doesn't on someone else's project.. Heck I believe I somewhat owe the success of my site on the same notion back in the beginning.

Whats the security issue? Perhaps unknowingly, I have not encountered any issues but one I can recall that was addressed by Tapatalk.

On another note of responsive, its "ok" it WILL never take the place of Tapatalk or any other "smart" developers similar type third party add on, or its ease of use, no matter how hard you want or try. Mark my words, mobile is going to be the ruler of all including forum software, at least in our lifetime, the days of dusty desktops have turned to mobile phones on the fly...;)

Whats the security issue? Perhaps unknowingly, I have not encountered any issues but one I can recall that was addressed by Tapatalk.
  • One issue is that you raised was member receiving administrator alerts. Never fully explained and the thread locked when we tried to get a better explanation. This wasn't resolved, the issue can still occur.
  • In-app registration bypasses any registration protection you have on your site. Disabling it doesn't work either, it ignore this as you can read here.
  • I raised various concerns about the apps, link affiliation and and advertising here. The post was ignored, the thread went eventually off-topic and was locked. I started a new thread with this in and the security issues from the other thread. It remained open and unanswered for several days, then it was deleted.
On another note of responsive, its "ok" it WILL never take the place of Tapatalk or any other "smart" developers similar type third party add on, or its ease of use, no matter how hard you want or try. Mark my words, mobile is going to be the ruler of all including forum software, at least in our lifetime, the days of dusty desktops have turned to mobile phones on the fly...;)
Responsive is far better than Tapatalk. You can't get half of the functionality that you have on your site on Tapatalk - no gallery, no profile posts, no shop. Heck, you can't even get some of the basic functionality that you forums has, such as custom smilies, font size, font colour, strikethrough text etc. Mobile devices are indeed being used more and more but the solution isn't to give them a crippled forum experience like Tapatalk, it's to use responsive design which will hopefully improve further with future xF iterations.

We had to disable tapatalk as well, its been throwing back nothing but errors in the log and no one has been able to connect to the server after the 1.2.4 update. No one at tapatalk seems to be addressing the issues with xenforo either.

I've just had a request from one of our forums to add Tapatalk. From what I'm reading here that's not such a good idea LMAO
I too like the responsive design approach.

Ok- this is crazy... If anyone can confirm with iPhone 5- I would appreciate it. If I do a search I know will land a link to my site on Google (with iphone 5!only) - example "sphynx red bumps" which gives links to www.sphynxlair.com i click the link to my forum and it takes me here:

image.webp
Here are two links to my site that redirect me to the page above:

http://www.sphynxlair.com/community...board_url=http://www.sphynxlair.com/community

And another

http://www.sphynxlair.com/community...board_url=http://www.sphynxlair.com/community
Is this possible???

Here is the funny thing - on iPhone 4 it shows that Tapatalk page shortly but DOES redirect to my site as requested. Only iPhone 5 so far does this redirect to Tapatalk. Not iPad, laptop or desktop.

Top Bottom