TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

I've been using this add-on for quite a while, but lately tried to convert it to using bd widgets.

After importing the Taiga Chat Pro widget, the instructions say:
"Then, go to Appearance > List Widgets and enable one of the two available Shoutbox types (Sidebar or Full width), and additionally the ‘Users in Chat’ widget if you desire."

I only have one Shoutbox type choice, the sidebar "dark_taigachat" template, and there is no "Users in Chat" widget

I use the full/alt version of the shoutbox, so I tried to change that widget to use the dark_taigachat_alt template, but nothing displays when I have the widget set to that.

Not sure what the dealio is, but not a big problem, just not using the bd widget version of the shoutbox at the moment.

EDITed to add: Looks like the stock [bd] widget for Taigachat gets added as an "Advanced HTML (no wrapper)" renderer, but there is a renderer for the full shoutbox, but I can't get that to work either.

Another EDIT: I was able to add the Shoutbox bd Widget to another page, so it just must be interfering with my forum_list. But I think the XML file needs to be updated to match the latest bd widget framework application.

Last edited:
Hello,

bought & installed today. Works still fine - there's just one thing that could be better (or I did not find the proper setting) - there is no chance that a forum member can minimize the chat box.

Georg

i don't know what is going on here but this is all related to Taiga Chat:

6qcRz.png

i have 5 pages full of this same error:

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: node_id - library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php:382
Generated By: ΞNCR7PT, Today at 5:44 PM
Stack Trace

#0 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter/Discussion/Thread.php(382): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/unkn0wn/p...', 382, Array)
#1 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(195): XenForo_DataWriter_Discussion_Thread::setForumCacheItem(Array)
#2 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(228): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->setExtraData('forumInfo', Array)
#3 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(122): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_getForumInfo()
#4 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/bdTagMe/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(8): XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#5 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/WidgetFramework/XenForo/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(7): bdTagMe_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#6 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1411): WidgetFramework_XenForo_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->_postSaveAfterTransaction()
#7 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/Dark/TaigaChat/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(7): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#8 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/MetaMirror/DataWriter/DiscussionMessage/Post.php(24): Dark_TaigaChat_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->save()
#9 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/Dark/TaigaChat/CronEntry/CleanUp.php(67): MetaMirror_DataWriter_DiscussionMessage_Post->save()
#10 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/Dark/TaigaChat/Model/TaigaChat.php(320): Dark_TaigaChat_CronEntry_CleanUp::runDailyCleanUp()
#11 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/Dark/TaigaChat/ControllerPublic/TaigaChat.php(166): Dark_TaigaChat_Model_TaigaChat->pruneShoutbox()
#12 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): Dark_TaigaChat_ControllerPublic_TaigaChat->actionPost()
#13 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#14 /home/unkn0wn/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#15 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(51) "http://portalcentric.net/forums/taigachat/post.json"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(8) {
    ["message"] => string(6) "/prune"
    ["sidebar"] => string(1) "0"
    ["lastrefresh"] => string(6) "314133"
    ["color"] => string(6) "F7F207"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(17) "/forums/shoutbox/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Delete... Close

My members are coming from vBulletin and are really fond of having the ability to press the bold icon once and then have all of their messages bolded. We have a member that has poor vision and the bold helps a lot for her to read.

Is it possible to have this coded in a way that everything typed out is bolded automatically?
My members are also requesting this function.

i need some help. paid taiga chat user.

on my site, it keeps saying: members in chat (0) <-- zero at all times.

is there a fix for this?

Is there anyway to change the name and link in the nav bar? I want to call it "Chat" instead of "Shoutbox"
The background colour is an odd light grey, which is messing with my theme as I use light grey text. Where can I amend this? Screenshot for reference: https://www.dropbox.com/s/87cx7lcsd5pmcro/Screenshot 2014-01-27 19.55.45.png
Navbar is controlled by a simple phrase if I remember correctly in the language file. Search for Shoutbox and you should find it. You didn't specify whether you wanted the background changed or the text changed (probably background so that is the example I use below). You can use Chrome Developer or Firefox's similar tool to find these areas yourself very easily. I just right mouse click in chrome on the area I want and look at it in developer and you can edit the code there to see how it looks.

The background color is handled (the main box) with
Code:
#taigachat_box { background: rgb(6, 40, 128);}
and
Code:
#taigachat_box li { background: rgb(6, 40, 128);}
in your EXTRA.css.

EDIT: Navbar should be controlled by the phrase dark_shoutbox.

Last edited:
Navbar is controlled by a simple phrase if I remember correctly in the language file. Search for Shoutbox and you should find it. You didn't specify whether you wanted the background changed or the text changed (probably background so that is the example I use below). You can use Chrome Developer or Firefox's similar tool to find these areas yourself very easily. I just right mouse click in chrome on the area I want and look at it in developer and you can edit the code there to see how it looks.

The background color is handled (the main box) with
Code:
#taigachat_box { background: rgb(6, 40, 128);}
and
Code:
#taigachat_box li { background: rgb(6, 40, 128);}
in your EXTRA.css.

EDIT: Navbar should be controlled by the phrase dark_shoutbox.

Is there a way I can bold all text within the box using extra.css?

I am going to be purchasing this in the near future. Could you add the ability to report shoutbox messages?

Help!
Ive paid for and installed this add-on.
I followed the instructions to the tee; but all I get is a black shoutbox that wont 'accept' any shouts.

Hello, I would like to have big nicks on the forum and put a limit on the shoutbox that px must I change in taigachat.css?

Another bug that is not just file permissions this time :(

Going to the 'full view' shoutbox; I just get a blank page.
Head, menu, background is all there and waaay down the bottom is an inactive input box; but no *actual* shoutbox.

I'd also like to see edits and deletions occurring live on the screens of users as they happen.

With XF now having the ability to add smilies into different categories will we see this option in our chat options?

Top Bottom