TaigaChat Pro - Realtime chat/shoutbox [Deleted]

Hi, I am interested in this but concerned about how server intensive this would be. How does this compare with cometchat, arrowchat etc.? Is it possible to have a chat bar like they have at the bottom of the screen? Is that something you might be adding to this addon?

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking :C
Do you mean mime.types, since the defined type is in there and correct. I've never had an issue with any other chatbox, including dbtech's and vsa, and I've used both on this setup.
The only issue that I'm aware of is that index.php/something/blah doesn't work, so unless your plugin uses something like that, I have no idea what to say :C

Also JS files are served on a sub-domain, maybe some type of access-origin issue?

I don't mean mime.types, but rather a cache setting in the main config.

It might look something like:

Code:
          location ~* ^.+.(jpg|jpeg|gif|css|png|js|ico|swf)$ {
            access_log        off;
            expires          32d;
        }

Except with json listed as well.

Can you PM me your full nginx config?

I'd like to buy this addon but I tried to install the free version first and it broke my xenhabla installation. I started getting this error:

A controller for the route path chat/ was not found.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

You would need to install or update xenhabla second as both it and taigachat use the /chat prefix. Xenforo appears to overwrite in case of a conflict, so if you had uninstalled or disabled TaigaChat to attempt to fix the issue, there would no longer be a /chat route, hence the error.

Hi, I am interested in this but concerned about how server intensive this would be. How does this compare with cometchat, arrowchat etc.? Is it possible to have a chat bar like they have at the bottom of the screen? Is that something you might be adding to this addon?

How many members do you expect will be using chat simultaneously?

It is a totally different product to cometchat, arrowchat, etc. and I have no plans for user-to-user chat or a docked chat bar any time soon.

I don't mean mime.types, but rather a cache setting in the main config.

It might look something like:

Code:
          location ~* ^.+.(jpg|jpeg|gif|css|png|js|ico|swf)$ {
            access_log        off;
            expires          32d;
        }

Except with json listed as well.

Can you PM me your full nginx config?
Yep that was it :)
Thanks it's working now!

The delay is horrendous though. It takes like 20 seconds to see a message I type.
Should messages refresh upon submitting a shout?

Yep that was it :)
Thanks it's working now!

The delay is horrendous though. It takes like 20 seconds to see a message I type.

Cloudflare or your server is caching messages.html for about 10-20 seconds. Try disabling open_file_cache or setting open_file_cache_valid to 1-2 seconds

Reactions: rdn
How many members do you expect will be using chat simultaneously?

It is a totally different product to cometchat, arrowchat, etc. and I have no plans for user-to-user chat or a docked chat bar any time soon.

I would say at most about 50 active users in the room at one time. I can't see it going much over that. Would this slow my site down?

Also is everyone on the site already in the room, or do they have to type a message before they are inside the room?

I would say at most about 50 active users in the room at one time. I can't see it going much over that. Would this slow my site down?

Also is everyone on the site already in the room, or do they have to type a message before they are inside the room?

As long as you're not on shared hosting or anything that should be fine. If you are using nginx it will definitely not be a problem.

A user is considered considered as online/'in the room' when he/she is on a page containing the shoutbox, there is no need to type a message

HOW MANY TIMES ARE YOU GOING TO PROMPT ME THAT I DO NOT HAVE ACCESS TO THE SHOUTBOX?????

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

AT LEAST LET ME CLOSE THE PROMPT SO THAT I CAN LOGIN INSTEAD OF BEING FORCED TO CLOSE THE PAGE!!!!

Luke, would you consider making the option to save a user's color and other settings something that is permission based? It'd make for an awesome little extra for a premium-member group that way.

Enter a user ID to control what posts are displayed by the above 'Forum activity display' option. Only posts viewable by that user will be displayed. Enter 0 for guest.
Wouldn't it make more sense to fetch permissions of a user group directly?

The latest version of tapatalk for xenforo causes a very strange error with this

the "post/replies" notices stop working correctly, it ignores the "view as user x" option so it posts ALL replies (including staff forums etc) to chatbox.

would it be possible to fix this?:)

Luke, I did a boo-boo in my german translation pack. When I try to install the xml file I get The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file. It seems I have accidently deleted an important string, but can't figure out what.

Luke, I did a boo-boo in my german translation pack. When I try to install the xml file I get The provided file was not a valid XML file. Please provide a valid XML file. It's seems I have accidently deleted an important string, but can't figure out what.

Seems the xml isn't in utf-8 format

Huh? That's strange. I didn't have this issue before with my other language packs. That's the first time my programmer's notepad modified the encoding while saving :eek:. Works now, thanks.

@Luke, today, I've tried again to install v1.0.5 ; and this time it seems to work. :p Not sure what was the cause, but it's most likely to the varnish/nginx configuration ; probably data/ being as internal , don't remember. Anyway, it's working. Just telling.

Wouldn't it make more sense to fetch permissions of a user group directly?

A list of node IDs or a group ID would be simplest, but a user ID provides maximum flexibility as well as being a relatively simple implementation

Top Bottom