TaigaChat - AJAX Shoutbox [Deleted]

Hey, I installed taigachat and everything but I got stuck to the part where you have to add:

Code:
<xen:include template="dark_taigachat"><xen:set var="$taigachat_alt">1</xen:set></xen:include>

either above or before

Code:
<xen:if is="{$renderedNodes}"><xen:include template="node_list" /></xen:if>

like so:

Code:
<xen:hook name="forum_list_nodes">
        <xen:include template="dark_taigachat"><xen:set var="$taigachat_alt">1</xen:set></xen:include>
        <xen:if is="{$renderedNodes}"><xen:include template="node_list" /></xen:if>
</xen:hook>

However it still does not appea onto my forum page

EDIT: Im using Aurora style with Xenporta

You have switched it on in options ?

Suggestion : modification that won't make all the forum lagging for few seconds each time it refresh.

Great add on btw :)

I installed the bp-brown style today and the chat box colors are really off - How could I go about changing the scheme to match template a bit better - see attached image to see the inconsistency

Attachments

• chat.webp
    chat.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 43
I installed the bp-brown style today and the chat box colors are really off - How could I go about changing the scheme to match template a bit better - see attached image to see the inconsistency

This template in the style you are using: dark_taigachat.css In your case, the first parts:

Code:
#taigachat_box { width: 220px; height: 300px; border: 1px solid @primaryLighter; padding: 5px; margin: 5px -2px 0 -2px; overflow: auto; overflow-y: scroll; font-size: 11px; background: @primaryLightest; }
.taigachat_reverse #taigachat_box { margin-bottom: 5px; margin-top: 0; }
#taigachat_box li { background: @primaryLightest; margin-bottom: 6px; }

This template in the style you are using: dark_taigachat.css In your case, the first parts:

Code:
#taigachat_box { width: 220px; height: 300px; border: 1px solid @primaryLighter; padding: 5px; margin: 5px -2px 0 -2px; overflow: auto; overflow-y: scroll; font-size: 11px; background: @primaryLightest; }
.taigachat_reverse #taigachat_box { margin-bottom: 5px; margin-top: 0; }
#taigachat_box li { background: @primaryLightest; margin-bottom: 6px; }

Thanks for the reply - I have very little coding skills and in this css I am guess it's the primarylighter I need to change? Could you give me some example of how I could change this a bit please.....

Thank you

Is there a way to place these inside different pages like in different nodes? Like I click a node and place it inside that?

Is there any way of completely blocking links to external sites in the shoutbox?

Not as standard

Is there a way to place these inside different pages like in different nodes? Like I click a node and place it inside that?

That is likely possible with template edits and global hook mode, however it will be a shared instance, multiple instances/rooms are not currently supported.

Yeah well I didn't mean multiple rooms but just to place the same shoutbox on another nodes page. So it's possible but any idea how to do it?

Here are some suggestions for version 6 since I am using this SB on my big board forum :

- No more lagg when it refreshes messages. When it is refrshing the entire screen lagg and you can't do anything for like 1/3 seconds.

- Add /ban {user} command, that would ban a user. /unban command to unban ?

- Add a /notice command that would add a kind of message above the SB, with BB Code, like on vBShout.

Regards, you made a great addon that would be perfect with these suggestions. I would buy it even for 50USD :)

Is there a way to forbig IMG BB Code ?

On my phone cant get link. I did this, I think there is a post in the archived section for this addon.

Doesn't this control it?

X79nMS.png

You have height: auto !important; set for .taigachat_popup #taigachat_box.

Effectively that is compressing the content into a single line at the top.

View attachment 26232
I am having the same issue with a clean install of the modification. Chatbox is compressed in popup view..

I have two questions :
- How can i remove the popup view completely?
- How can I change the name Shoutbox to "something else". I hardly have any space left on my navbar :D Is that done through phrases just like in vB? phrases it is :)

Top Bottom