Switching to new domain on XF Cloud

FTL

I'm going to be moving my XF Cloud hosted forum to a new domain soon and I want to make sure that the switch goes as smoothly as possible.

At the moment, the new domain points to the IP address of my forum, effectively acting as a redirect. When I switch to the new domain in the XF customer portal, will the SSL cert autoupdate to the new domain? Will the new domain that I've registered need to be adjusted in any way other than setting the IP address as it is now? Is there anything else that I should know?

Remember the process you followed to connect the current domain? It's basically that.

From your customer area, the menu next to your Cloud subscription will have "Update custom domain".

You have to go there, tell us what the new domain is, and it will tell you what DNS records you need to add.

Once we have those details, we wait for the DNS to propagate, verify that it has, then we take care of the rest, including a new SSL certificate, and updating your board URL option automatically.

The only other thing you'll probably want to do (after everything updates) is delete the existing records for the Cloud subscription, and add a new CNAME record that points to the new domain.

Reactions: FTL
Cool, thankyou, I'll do that. I still have to do a few things to the forum itself to put it into the right context for the new domain, so it won't be tonight. Oh and there's overnight election coverage to watch. :p

The only other thing you'll probably want to do (after everything updates) is delete the existing records for the Cloud subscription, and add a new CNAME record that points to the new domain.
I'm scratching my head a little bit on this one, but I'm sure I'll figure it out when I come to it. (famous last words...)

tbh, I only vaguely remember how I did it the first time, lol.

If you run into any issues, submit a ticket, usually these things aren't too difficult to get to the bottom of if they go wrong.

Reactions: FTL
Top Bottom