Give User an Option to self-delete their Account

Great lancer! Thank you.

But could you do us all a favor and make it available here also? It´s a lil bit annoying to be registered on hundreds of forums only for one download or a visbile link. The users who are looking for you will find you in any way ;)

Great lancer! Thank you.

But could you do us all a favor and make it available here also? It´s a lil bit annoying to be registered on hundreds of forums only for one download or a visbile link. The users who are looking for you will find you in any way ;)
Its a paid add-on.

$30 for 3 months, or that might be support or something.

Great lancer! Thank you.

Available here how?

Its a paid add-on.

$30 for 3 months, or that might be support or something.
Ah, he meant make it downloadable here.

As Forsaken said, it is a paid add-on. I can't find any rules regarding mod promotion so I am not sure if I can discuss pricing or not. It is the amount Forsaken said once, not every 3 months. :p

Wow, it´s no joke :confused:

Lancer, are you serious about the pricing? I have no problems with a paid mod, as long as the price is reasonable. But jesus, Lancer, this is a simple mod with a security token, not a standalone addon.. ;)

Thanks - but sorry to say that: NO, thanks. Way overprized.

Wow, it´s no joke :confused:

Lancer, are you serious about the pricing? I have no problems with a paid mod, as long as the price is reasonable. But jesus, Lancer, this is a simple mod with a security token, not a standalone addon.. ;)

Thanks - but sorry to say that: NO, thanks. Way overprized.
The pricing has been adjusted; it will not go lower than it is now, though. Over 13 months, 180 replies and 4600 views say it's not so simple. :p

The pricing has been adjusted; it will not go lower than it is now, though. Over 13 months, 180 replies and 4600 views say it's not so simple. :p
Amount of views, replies, and duration of a suggestion don't imply how hard it was. Kier and mike just chose not to include this into the core, so it sat here. It wasn't in the add-on request forums, so many add-on authors may not have been searching here for what to create. Realistically, how long did it take you to program?

Amount of views, replies, and duration of a suggestion don't imply how hard it was. Kier and mike just chose not to include this into the core, so it sat here. It wasn't in the add-on request forums, so many add-on authors may not have been searching here for what to create. Realistically, how long did it take you to program?

Lancer, it´s still not reasonable. Dont forget, the most people here are coding as well and the hardest thing should have been the token. Even with $20 and an estimate of about 200 customers you´ld receive 4000 bugs. For what? 10 hours coding?

Reasonable is something else. This is a No-Go. No way.

Lancer, it´s still not reasonable. Dont forget, the most people here are coding as well and the hardest thing should have been the token. Even with $20 and an estimate of about 200 customers you´ld receive 4000 bugs. For what? 10 hours coding?

Reasonable is something else. This is a No-Go. No way.

Hey, if you don't want to pay it then don't, this guy has made a mod and priced it it's up to everyone to decide whether it's worth the 20 bucks for them. The fact he's taken the time and effort to make a mod which you and others decided not to (if you think it should be less then $20 then make your own and price it cheaper) then he shouldn't be criticised for that decision. It's that kind of attitude that has lead to some people not liking this community which I personally think is great.

Hey, if you don't want to pay it then don't, this guy has made a mod and priced it it's up to everyone to decide whether it's worth the 20 bucks for them. The fact he's taken the time and effort to make a mod which you and others decided not to (if you think it should be less then $20 then make your own and price it cheaper) then he shouldn't be criticised for that decision. It's that kind of attitude that has lead to some people not liking this community which I personally think is great.

To be honest: the already existing self-delete mod is about to be released actually. I´m not the author, but as far as I can tell - yes, it seems that it will be way cheaper. Like I said before, I have no problem with paid mods. But I don´t like to be held for a fool, even when everyone can decide which way to go or which price to call. I respect that someone is taking his time and efforts to create something for the community - but that shouldn´t be and never meant to be a carte blanche regarding unreasonable prices. Something most of us alleged IB while they introduced us the new pricing schemes for vb4. And last but not least: a community even defines through fairness on both ends. A coding community in particular.

And please, Steve: don´t remind me on who is allowed to criticize and who´s not. You can call it attitude and criticize me - I call it a rough statement and I don´t care much about those, who don´t like the community because someone writes something that disturbs their harmony. If they don´t get how great this community is at all - with or without the differences - I can´t help it.

(P.S.: ...and I know the next question is,"Who is the author?" It´s ragtek.)

Perhaps my comments will hold more weight?

As I have posted many times in the past, if you're not happy with an add-on for any reason, don't use it.

It's not for you to criticise the author as to how they distribute or price it.

Far too many add-on authors have been criticised in the past for this, and it has resulted in them no longer producing add-ons and pulling their content from the site.

(P.S.: ...and I know the next question is,"Who is the author?" It´s ragtek.)

Already knew that, one of the reasons I made my post (Ragtek addons are our most used on our site). The fact a second mod for the same thing will be available plays into my belief that if people believe someone will work better (and is fairer) for them at a cheaper rate then they should release that the and market will correct itself to make up for that fact. However if there's no competition for something and the price is what some people would consider high then there's probably a good reason why there isn't competition and (in my opinion atleast, I know a lot don't share it) then that product is either too high of a quality to replicate or actually at a reasonable price for most people. I accept of course there can be some exceptions and especially in a software as young as this the time hasn't happened to show that but I do find that the community here has a double edge, being extremely well rounded and supportive most of the time but occasionally turning against someone because a few people disagree with one or more thing (maybe price, maybe attitude, maybe just having a different opinion), yes the price may be high (to you) but it just seems like there's a mob mentality around here some of the time. And yes everyone can have their opinion but when person after person start piling onto other it just gets extreme. Do 4 or 5 people really need to repeat the same thing over and over again directed at one person?

Perhaps my comments will hold more weight?
As I have posted many times in the past, if you're not happy with an add-on for any reason, don't use it.
It's not for you to criticise the author as to how they distribute or price it.

Just to be clear: do you say, because you are a moderator and your quote shall implicate I should fear to become muted I have to..shut up? What is this, Brogan? Your attempt to force customers to obey a unwritten kind of censorship?
I´m not violating the TOS nor am I offensive - but yes, I feel free to write what I think about this and that. If you are now trying to tell me this is forbidden on xf, may be as an official xenforo ltd agenda, then at this point it gets really interesting.

Already knew that, one of the reasons I made my post (Ragtek addons are our most used on our site). The fact a second mod for the same thing will be available plays into my belief that if people believe someone will work better (and is fairer) for them at a cheaper rate then they should release that the and market will correct itself to make up for that fact. However if there's no competition for something and the price is what some people would consider high then there's probably a good reason why there isn't competition and (in my opinion atleast, I know a lot don't share it) then that product is either too high of a quality to replicate or actually at a reasonable price for most people. I accept of course there can be some exceptions and especially in a software as young as this the time hasn't happened to show that but I do find that the community here has a double edge, being extremely well rounded and supportive most of the time but occasionally turning against someone because a few people disagree with one or more thing (maybe price, maybe attitude, maybe just having a different opinion), yes the price may be high (to you) but it just seems like there's a mob mentality around here some of the time. And yes everyone can have their opinion but when person after person start piling onto other it just gets extreme.

Hi Steve,
I guess we are not so far away from each other, even if the point of view varies. I would like to see that the market regulates itself. That´s why I´ve contacted ragtek to correct the balance again with this mod. I´ve done a similiar mod for vb4 and from that prospective I know, much or less, how much time you would have to spent for that. That´s why I´ve said the price is a no-go for me.

The problem in making paid add-ons in general - beside the QA - is to find the right price. One that pays the author his time and knowledge and helps spread the interest for xf. Like vb before even xf relies to an active coder community cause both can´t fit the most forums need out of the box. Admins can do maths - and they calculate the total price of xf software and needed add-ons before they start converting or raising a new forum. With unreasonable high prices for addons xf has a major downside while competitors can show up with a more attractive result in total, when talking about dollars. Even I have second thoughts wether I should by the next xf license with this in mind. And that while xf is without any nonsense the best piece of forum software I ever used..

Do 4 or 5 people really need to repeat the same thing over and over again directed at one person?
4 or 5? Thought I was the only one..?

Every creator has the right to set a price for their work. Every consumer has the right to accept the price, or not use the work. This is simple market economics. If the price is too high, sales will be poor. If the price is too low, the author may not be adequately compensated for their effort.

The consumer does not have the right to demand a lower price by whining at or berating the author. Don't do that here, or you will find yourself unable to post.

Top Bottom