Fixed Stripe Payment Issue

SAB

Affected version
Hello, I am close to launching my new site, but I have noticed that when I test as a user and attempt to purchase an item, I get this error message;

The statement_descriptor parameter is not supported for the payment_method_type card.

To continue supporting payment_method_type card, please pass in statement_descriptor_suffix or remove the statement_descriptor parameter altogether.

Please see https://support.stripe.com/question...-parameter-on-paymentintents-for-card-charges for additional details.

I am going around in circles trying to work this out. I can see that Stripe.com has announced the following from this month;

As of 01/02/2024, Stripe no longer supports the statement_descriptor parameter on the PaymentIntent API for PaymentIntents in which one of the supported payment_method_types is card. Attempting to set a statement_descriptor on a PaymentIntent with a card as one of the payment_method_types will result in a 400 error code. For these requests, please use the statement_descriptor_suffix instead.

I see this on the Stripe log.
[COLOR=var(--sail-color-text)]invalid_request_error[/COLOR]
[COLOR=var(--sail-color-text)]The statement_descriptor parameter is not supported for the payment_method_type card. To continue supporting payment_method_type card, please pass in statement_descriptor_suffix or remove the statement_descriptor parameter altogether. Please see https://support.stripe.com/question...-parameter-on-paymentintents-for-card-charges for additional details.[/COLOR]

I have checked my settings on Xenforo and Stripe many times, and all seems okay, but I don't know if this is an Xenforo issue or not - can anyone help with this?

Last edited:
I have checked my settings on Xenforo and Stripe many times, and all seems okay, but I don't know if this is an Xenforo issue or not - can anyone help with this?
Stripe has changed the API so XF's Stripe handler needs to be updated. Probably quite urgently.

Mitigation for existing Stripe accounts should be to not upgrade the API version in your Stripe account until it's fixed. For new Stripe accounts, I don't think there's anything you can do short of editing core files.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.2.14).

Change log:
Only set descriptor suffix for Stripe card payments
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Hi there can someone explain this :

The statement_descriptor parameter is not supported for the payment_method_type card. To continue supporting payment_method_type card, please pass in statement_descriptor_suffix or remove the statement_descriptor parameter altogether. Please see https://support.stripe.com/question...-parameter-on-paymentintents-for-card-charges for additional details.

Xenforo version 2.2.11
As above:

Stripe has changed the API so XF's Stripe handler needs to be updated.

It was updated in 2.2.15 so you’ll need to upgrade.

I don't want to upgrade need some kind of patch if it's available .
Why? A third point update from 11 to 15 isn't a big leap. Should be no impact on styles or add-ons beyond maybe needing to tweak or merge some templates. This isn't like upgrading to 2.3 or something. Just fixes and minor feature updates. And there is no standalone patch that I have heard of. It is included in 2.2.15 as stated.

Why? A third point update from 11 to 15 isn't a big leap. Should be no impact on styles or add-ons beyond maybe needing to tweak or merge some templates. This isn't like upgrading to 2.3 or something. Just fixes and minor feature updates. And there is no standalone patch that I have heard of. It is included in 2.2.15 as stated.
so easy to resolve this problem, i didn't search carefully. the problem can be resolved by removing one line from stripe.php and everything work perfect .
have a nice day .

so easy to resolve this problem, i didn't search carefully. the problem can be resolved by removing one line from stripe.php and everything work perfect .
have a nice day .
Hello
Where is the file Stripe.php and which line has to be removed please ?

Your question should be answered by a stuff members, for me I did resolve this problem and I don't think that I have the permission to give this like a solution.
Have a nice day.

Your question should be answered by a stuff members, for me I did resolve this problem and I don't think that I have the permission to give this like a solution.
Have a nice day.
At least give it to me in private if you care to help me as we are in a forum te help each others. I d'ont want to update my Forum now.
Thank you

Ok finally i've found the solution by myself maybe it will help someone else.

Remove statement_descriptor twice (2 lines)
in stripe.php located in Folder SRC--->XF--->Payment--->Stripe.php

Ok, finally I found the solution for myself, maybe it will help someone else.

Remove state_descriptor twice (2 lines)
in stripe.php located in the folder SRC--->XF--->Payment--->Stripe.php
Hello! I also found myself with this problem and I am getting very stressed and I also have the client on me pressing because they cannot receive payments.
Please help!

I can't find this SRC--->XF--->Payment--->Stripe.php, I searched all the folders on my hosting and I couldn't find it, where should I look? thank you!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You will need to associate your forum user name with your customer account and post in the support forum for assistance.

Hello. I have a 9 GT with this name. Can you be more specific about what exactly to remove? Or take a screenshot. Thank you

Hello. I have a 9 GT with this name. Can you be more specific about what exactly to remove? Or take a screenshot. Thank you

Top Bottom