Starting and Replying to conversations hangs and produces errors

kingston

Sometimes when I try and start or reply to a conversation XF seems to hang and eventually producers errors. Everything else looks and works fast and speedy. I am on version Beta 5.

Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction
  1. [*]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 292
    [*]Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    [*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
    [*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1516
    [*]XenForo_DataWriter->_update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1485
    [*]XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1291
    [*]XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/DataWriter/ConversationMessage.php at line 112
    [*]XenForo_DataWriter_ConversationMessage->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1295
    [*]XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php at line 595
    [*]XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionInsertReply() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    [*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/kingharrison/fierceboard/forum/index.php at line 15

With that error, the message shouldn't actually go through - the transaction should be rolled back.

I can't say that I'm sure what would cause this. Everything looks quite straight forward. Unless there's some very long running query that is going on elsewhere.

How frequently does it happen?

With that error, the message shouldn't actually go through - the transaction should be rolled back.

I can't say that I'm sure what would cause this. Everything looks quite straight forward. Unless there's some very long running query that is going on elsewhere.

How frequently does it happen?

i just switched servers and i start having people notice it. its possible i have something configured wrong on my server?

i also have mod_pagespeed on this running. would that make a difference?

Well, MySQL has a innodb_lock_wait_timeout variable, though it defaults to 50. If it's significantly lowered, then I suppose that could trigger it.

Otherwise, reproducing is going to be hard - I'd probably need to see output from the MySQL query SHOW PROCESSLIST; as the problem is happening.

I reproduce the same error on same action.

Getting 500 Internal Server Error when replying to a conversation, I tried 5 times and same error. Then I checked ACP Server error log, and I found same error:

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

#0 /web/guide/user/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(292): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /web/guide/user/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /web/guide/user/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(632): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('UPDATE `xf_conv...', Array)
#3 /web/guide/user/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1516): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update('xf_conversation...', Array, 'conversation_id...')
#4 /web/guide/user/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1485): XenForo_DataWriter->_update()
#5 /web/guide/user/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1291): XenForo_DataWriter->_save()
#6 /web/guide/user/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter/ConversationMessage.php(112): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#7 /web/guide/user/public_html/library/XenForo/DataWriter.php(1295): XenForo_DataWriter_ConversationMessage->_postSave()
#8 /web/guide/user/public_html/library/XenForo/ControllerPublic/Conversation.php(595): XenForo_DataWriter->save()
#9 /web/guide/user/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(310): XenForo_ControllerPublic_Conversation->actionInsertReply()
#10 /web/guide/user/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(132): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#11 /web/guide/user/public_html/index.php(15): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}

Running Xenforo beta 5.
My users also having problem when they reply to threads XF seems to hang.

Top Bottom