Social Groups for XenForo [Paid] [Deleted]

I re-uploaded it and it copied but did not send me to Groups. It gave me this error:

The following error occurred:

Undefined index: join
  1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in EWRporta/Model/Post.php at line 11.
Well, that sounds annoying ..

It's actually an error on the XenPorta side, it is overriding the getPostsInThread and it assumes it will get a $fetchOptions['join']. The proper thing to do would be to check for that variable first before using it, as other clients might not send it

I fixed it on my package anyway, and I am now sending an empty "join" option. This means that the copy-thread function will not complain and that you shouldn't need to disable XenPorta to use the feature. I'll try to play nice with other hacks whenever I can, though I certainly cannot check with all hack combinations :)

I refreshed the package in my site (xfAddOns.com), just reupload the files in the groups_130b.zip file

Well, that sounds annoying ..

It's actually an error on the XenPorta side, it is overriding the getPostsInThread and it assumes it will get a $fetchOptions['join']. The proper thing to do would be to check for that variable first before using it, as other clients might not send it

I fixed it on my package anyway, and I am now sending an empty "join" option. This means that the copy-thread function will not complain and that you shouldn't need to disable XenPorta to use the feature. I'll try to play nice with other hacks whenever I can, though I certainly cannot check with all hack combinations :)

I refreshed the package in my site (xfAddOns.com), just reupload the files in the groups_130b.zip file
Hey it's all good man I'm just trying to help. I have more add-ons that I should have installed on a new software like xenforo.

hi rigel,

just bought your add-on ... it works good, thanks ;) ... small requests, don't know if others had the same ideas :

- i wrongly copied a thread into a group, and i wasn't able to remove it afterwards ... i did it in DB anyway, but if you give a "delete" option, it will be good ;)
- new feature : sending requests to members to join a group ?

hi rigel,

just bought your add-on ... it works good, thanks ;) ... small requests, don't know if others had the same ideas :

- i wrongly copied a thread into a group, and i wasn't able to remove it afterwards ... i did it in DB anyway, but if you give a "delete" option, it will be good ;)
- new feature : sending requests to members to join a group ?
Yeah.. sorry about that. I don't have delete functionality and that was by design (I am not a big fan of deleting things in my site). But now that I am distributing this, I will certainly wire it in. I'll do a quick update over the weekend for that, and a further update with the pretty functionality (hard delete, restore, etc) a couple of weeks later.

All the structure is there (columns with the deleted status, etc), datawriter supported, etc. I will just do a quick update before people start saying it is missing core features (and being right).

Rigel Kentaurus submitted a new resource:

Social Groups for XenForo (version 1.3) - Social Groups

Social Groups. Some features:
  • Members can choose to create a group in any of the admin-configured categories
  • Members can create either public groups, or moderated groups
  • Multiple leaders (owners) per group, group can be transfered
  • Members can start threads in a group. A thread can have any amount of messages.
  • Group leaders can customize their group with color, an icon, and a group page
  • Integrated into the XenForo experience (News Feed, Alerts)
  • vBulletin social...

Read more about this resource...

What's the feasibility of allowing group admins to create custom titles/ranks to users within the groups? I'm using it as a clan function and at times you have certain custom ranks. Would this be at all possible?

What's the feasibility of allowing group admins to create custom titles/ranks to users within the groups? I'm using it as a clan function and at times you have certain custom ranks. Would this be at all possible?
No, I would say that is completely out of scope. You can accomplish that through regular groups, though

I've been using it on my forums as a clans mod and the members have loved it. They have suggested some new features I thought to pass along:
- invite users into clan. Similar to inviting conversation participants, this would send an alert or conversation that invited a particular user into the group. I know the vb version had this and would love to see it included in this xenforo version
- When requesting to join a group, any possibility on including a message to the group admin(s). Could be used for applications or other uses of verifying a user.
- display more than one clan tag? I changed it so only the logo appears and would like to allow multiple groups to be shown. Maybe one per category at max?
- Sending an alert to all members.. I feel like this should have been included.
- Option to change URL path to custom path or st least have an option to simply do groups instead of cz-groups. It would be easier for members to type and makes more sense to link boardurl.com/groups/ than cz-groups... As this is a paid addon I don't see the need to have the Addon's name in he URL.

I hope you consider these features.

Edit:
Why do non group members have access to group threads? Groups that require moderator approval should not be able to see group threads otherwise that kind of defeats the purpose of being invited? If not that then could we have the option to make threads private for only clan members.

In order to get a notice to appear on the group page, does anyone know what setting to choose in the "Page Criteria" section of the notices?

Great to have social groups - one of my biggest sites relies on such a feature. Some questions before I buy:

Do you intend to support the addon for a long time? Or is it coded in such a way that it is unlikely that there will break things when a new Xenforo release comes out?
Do you use phrases so I can translate it?

Edit:
Why do non group members have access to group threads? Groups that require moderator approval should not be able to see group threads otherwise that kind of defeats the purpose of being invited? If not that then could we have the option to make threads private for only clan members.

So anyone can see the threads regardless if they are a member of the group or not. I would love to eventually get this. But I don't see the developer responding to anyone's questions lately :/

This seems like it's potentially a really cool add on. After reading through this thread and experimenting with the mod though I've got a few questions and concerns.

Questions
  • Do users receive alerts when a new thread is created in a group they’re a member of and if so is there an option to turn this on and off?
  • Can site mods moderate the groups or just group admins?
  • Can I have each group be listed as a forum in the forum view?

Concerns
  • Lack of uploading of files/pictures
  • No like button
  • Can forum mods or group mods delete posts?
  • It would be good if users could also self-delete their own posts.
  • Formatting of group avatar so it’s square and inline as various width images look weird.
  • There seems to be formatting issues on this example where the group list overruns the bottom breadcrumb (in Chrome)
  • Will it integrate polls, upload functionality – all the other cool standard XF thread features eventually?

I’m kind of wondering if what I’d really like or what could be better mod (for my purposes anyway) is a way to apply the 'social group' functionality some other way to full forums? So you can ‘join’ a forum yet retain full XF forum functionality whilst being a ‘member’ of that forum.

I'm really torn between trying to use this for a large section of my site that will need 200 groups or 200 sub forums, the majority of users who would be using these are used to using Facebook groups functionality to communicate with eachother currently.

I love the idea of groups that members can join but I don’t want to sacrifice the great standard XF thread and post features.

Top Bottom