Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc)

Showcase (Reviews, Guides, Garage, Directory etc) [Paid] 2.9.0

No permission to buy ($55.00)
1) oh oh oh! Idea! It would be awesome to have a 'Featured' section on the showcase home - for instance, this can be extremely useful for us forums who has advertisers and want to be shown first ahead of everything else. And can set a timer like to be featured for 30 x days etc.

And if visited inside one of the categories, if that featured item is inside it would be up top.

Kinda like a Sticky.

2) Would be cool to see who used the stars as rating as well.

I would pay for this!

Reactions: Bob
This would make a great reviews system, if you could make it so you could add 5 star rating types to an listing, eg you could add 5 star rating for style, value and so on and then the main star rating that shows the avg rating of the item based on how each rating type was rated.

Reactions: Bob
That's sounds great. While I said it would be good if SC could handle downloads, it does make more sense to me to keep it as a seperate addon.

Will it have the ability to add a download that is hosted off site? That would be useful for people whose hosting restricts a lot of download/file sharing etc.

Sorry for talking about that in this addon thread...

Yes, you can add offsite download links. Right now its limited to 5 links, but I may change that to a dynamic system allowing an admin configurable number of links (per user group).

Hey Im gonna have 'Showcase' inside the navbar, but when im on that page the text says Showcase under the navbar, is there a way I can have it say 'Product Showcase' and still leave it in the navbar to say 'Showcase'? If so how can I?

Sorry for newb questions :D

Just a quick Q, i see images have user group settings, does this mean i can set it up so only admins can list new items, but i can then let members add images to the listing?
Also i joined your site, but i can not access the store, username 'C.Birch'

Hey Im gonna have 'Showcase' inside the navbar, but when im on that page the text says Showcase under the navbar, is there a way I can have it say 'Product Showcase' and still leave it in the navbar to say 'Showcase'? If so how can I?

I'm going to guess you could just edit that phrase via the admin cp :)

1) oh oh oh! Idea! It would be awesome to have a 'Featured' section on the showcase home - for instance, this can be extremely useful for us forums who has advertisers and want to be shown first ahead of everything else. And can set a timer like to be featured for 30 x days etc.

And if visited inside one of the categories, if that featured item is inside it would be up top.

Kinda like a Sticky.

2) Would be cool to see who used the stars as rating as well.

I would pay for this!

Can I get you to post your suggestions here as well? :): http://addons.nfljunkies.com/forums/suggestions.37/ (Start a thread for each type as I track them).

"featured" is already being worked on, it just didn't make it into this initial release.

On the Ratings... I have a note on the white board to make an admin view for this. I don't have any plans for frontend (if that is what you are wanting). Please start a thread in the suggestions with some more details :)

This would make a great reviews system, if you could make it so you could add 5 star rating types to an listing, eg you could add 5 star rating for style, value and so on and then the main star rating that shows the avg rating of the item based on how each rating type was rated.

BamaStangGuy asked me to do a "Reviews" addon next. I am looking into that right now. I'd rather leave this addon to do what it was designed for and build a reviews addon specifically for "reviews" (which there are more than one type, so the addon needs to be built to support all types). Multiple ratings per item MAY at some point be an option tho (probably admin configurable per category).

Looks awesome.... (y)

Quick question is there any sort of moderation for submitting things setup? Like it goes into mod queue for approval?

I do have Item "states" (visible, moderated and deleted), however, right now everything is default to visible with the ability for moderators to set an item to "moderated" or they can also soft delete. I'll be adding in a new user group permission that will determine whether new items are sent to the Moderation Queue for approval or not.

The Phrase nflj_showcase_menu_main_tab is for the Main Tab only. The word "Showcase" everywhere else uses the phrase nflj_showcase.

Just a quick Q, i see images have user group settings, does this mean i can set it up so only admins can list new items, but i can then let members add images to the listing?
Also i joined your site, but i can not access the store, username 'C.Birch'

first.. gotcha approved :)

Images can only be added to items by the item owner or a staff member that has the permission (Edit Any Item), so for a user to add images, they must create an item (which is driven by the the User Group permission "Create Item")

The image permissions are so that you can set (per user group), the amount of images that a particular user group can upload to each item they create. You can also set the max file size per image... so for example.. registered members you may allow 5 images with a max file size of 200KB where are premium members get 10 images with 500KB max file size and Platinum members get unlimited images and unlimited file size.

BamaStangGuy asked me to do a "Reviews" addon next. I am looking into that right now. I'd rather leave this addon to do what it was designed for and build a reviews addon specifically for "reviews" (which there are more than one type, so the addon needs to be built to support all types). Multiple

That would be great, do you have any idea how long away that might be from being made? I really need something so i can do a way with the real bad ReviewPost.

That would be great, do you have any idea how long away that might be from being made? I really need something so i can do a way with the real bad ReviewPost.

If I do it, the earliest start point would be January. Feel free to start an inbox convo with me about it :)

I too see like this could be used as reviews for the time being, our current solution while it's handy this could provide for better use. I know it's not meant that way but I think it could work.

Is this thing fully phrased?

I too see like this could be used as reviews for the time being, our current solution while it's handy this could provide for better use. I know it's not meant that way but I think it could work.

ya, it could and you can always tweak things around a bit (CSS, Layout, Functionality etc).

Is this thing fully phrased?

Yes, all my addons are fully phrased (both frontend and Admin CP) (or at least I strive to fully phrase them). There are always a few things that get missed, but those are quick fixes when found :)

Just got this, but I'm wondering how i could go about making this support this addon for posting html: http://www.xenforo.com/community/threads/html-bbcode-permission-protected-paid.31824/
You will see the 2nd post says how to edit xenporta to support it.

Basically, the same thing as he did for xenporta. Try this.

edit the file /library/NFLJ/Showcase/ViewPublic/Item/View.php

Replace:
PHP:
        $bbCodeParser = new XenForo_BbCode_Parser(XenForo_BbCode_Formatter_Base::create('Base', array('view' => $this)));
        $bbCodeOptions = array(
            'states' => array(
                'viewAttachments' => $this->_params['canViewAttachments']
            )
        );

$this->_params['item']['message'] = XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::getBbCodeWrapper($this->_params['item'], $bbCodeParser, $bbCodeOptions);
        $this->_params['t2']['message'] = XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::getBbCodeWrapper($this->_params['t2'], $bbCodeParser, $bbCodeOptions);
        $this->_params['t3']['message'] = XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::getBbCodeWrapper($this->_params['t3'], $bbCodeParser, $bbCodeOptions);
        $this->_params['t4']['message'] = XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::getBbCodeWrapper($this->_params['t4'], $bbCodeParser, $bbCodeOptions);
        $this->_params['t5']['message'] = XenForo_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::getBbCodeWrapper($this->_params['t5'], $bbCodeParser, $bbCodeOptions);

With:

PHP:
        $formatter = Dark_ParseHTML_BbCode_Formatter_Ritsu::create('Dark_ParseHTML_BbCode_Formatter_Ritsu', array('view' => $this));
        $bbCodeParser = new Dark_ParseHTML_BbCode_Parser($formatter);
        $bbCodeOptions = array(
            'states' => array(
                'viewAttachments' => $this->_params['canViewAttachments']
            )
        );

$this->_params['item']['message'] = Dark_ParseHTML_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::getBbCodeWrapper($this->_params['item'], $bbCodeParser, $bbCodeOptions);
        $this->_params['t2']['message'] = Dark_ParseHTML_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::getBbCodeWrapper($this->_params['t2'], $bbCodeParser, $bbCodeOptions);
        $this->_params['t3']['message'] = Dark_ParseHTML_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::getBbCodeWrapper($this->_params['t3'], $bbCodeParser, $bbCodeOptions);
        $this->_params['t4']['message'] = Dark_ParseHTML_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::getBbCodeWrapper($this->_params['t4'], $bbCodeParser, $bbCodeOptions);
        $this->_params['t5']['message'] = Dark_ParseHTML_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::getBbCodeWrapper($this->_params['t5'], $bbCodeParser, $bbCodeOptions);

That give the following error when posting:
Code:
An exception occurred: Undefined index: user_id in /var/www/vhosts/****/public_html/library/Dark/ParseHTML/ViewPublic/Helper/Message.php on line 61

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Dark/ParseHTML/ViewPublic/Helper/Message.php at line 61
    Dark_ParseHTML_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::getBbCodeWrapper() in NFLJ/Showcase/ViewPublic/Item/View.php at line 16
    NFLJ_Showcase_ViewPublic_Item_View->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/yourpshome.net/public_html/index.php at line 13

That give the following error when posting:
Code:
An exception occurred: Undefined index: user_id in /var/www/vhosts/****/public_html/library/Dark/ParseHTML/ViewPublic/Helper/Message.php on line 61

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in Dark/ParseHTML/ViewPublic/Helper/Message.php at line 61
    Dark_ParseHTML_ViewPublic_Helper_Message::getBbCodeWrapper() in NFLJ/Showcase/ViewPublic/Item/View.php at line 16
    NFLJ_Showcase_ViewPublic_Item_View->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 215
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 533
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 156
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/yourpshome.net/public_html/index.php at line 13

I don't have that addon, so I can't mess around with it. Talk to Dark and see if its OK if you let me use your copy so I can see exactly whats going on.

EDIT: This is now working correctly with the next version of SC

So instead of using this mod as a review system, we should wait until you release a review resource? And is there anytime time frame you might be shooting for?

So instead of using this mod as a review system, we should wait until you release a review resource? And is there anytime time frame you might be shooting for?

You can use this for what ever you want to. I am just saying that I will not be modifying this to be a review addon (ie, not going to add in multi ratings system) and that I do have plans (in the future) to write a review addon. I won't be starting any major projects until after the first of the year and the current ones I am working on are released.

Top Bottom