XF 2.0 Remove Quote buttons from the last post in the thread

Chromaniac

There was a customization available for XF1.x which came very handy. Looking for a similar customization for XF2.

Code:
if($("ul.pageNav-main li:last-child.pageNav-page--current").length!=0 || $("ul.pageNav-main").length==0)
{
$("article:last-child a.actionBar-action--mq").remove();
$("article:last-child a.actionBar-action--reply").remove();
}

This works. Have to add it below:
$(document).ready(function() {

i am now using this conditional in post_macros template. around like 151.

Code:
<xf:if is="!$post.isLastPost()">
                                                <a href="{$quoteLink}"
                                                    class="actionBar-action actionBar-action--reply"
                                                    title="{{ phrase('reply_quoting_this_message')|for_attr }}"
                                                    data-xf-click="quote"
                                                    data-quote-href="{{ link('posts/quote', $post) }}">{{ phrase('reply') }}</a>
</xf:if>

I just added the left aligned code to the file 🤔 it would hide everything inside from the last post. it's possible that the addon you are using associates tag functionality with reply function so both disappears from the last post.

Yup. If that code is removed from the post, it also removes the select to quote functionality. I am also tempted to get rid of the quote feature completely and replace it with mention though I guess it would also remove the select to quote feature which is useful in a lot of cases. Quoting is one of the most annoying things on forums for me lol. It is basically what email is. when you reply to an email, you basically have a copy of the entire conversation in that email.

Top Bottom