• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[paid add-on] Ragtek Invite System

• Thread starter Thread starter ragtek
  • Start date Start date
Can we have a feature where we can choose to distribute invites manually to each Usergroups also if the invite has not been used Admin's should to able to choose a timeline when the Unused invites will be expired i.e. 24hours,48hours,week .
Yes, this things are planed for feature releases.

For the first version, i want ONLY to have a form, where user can invite there friends (this is working already).
When somebody gets the invite mail and uses the link included in the mail, the system tracks it and so we can build a "referrer system". (ATM I'm fighting with this..:D it's harder as i thought:( )
When i finish this, i want to release the first version.

Second version will introduce the limited invites & closed registrationprocess.
This means:
You can only register, if you get a valid invitemail
The users will have limited invites
  • Standardvalue for new users
  • Startvalue for allready registered users
  • Admins can always add/remove the invites in the acp for every single user

Also i'll build a cronjob for deleting old, not used invites.

These are my plans for the first 2 versions:)

I plan also to add automatic invites when a user get a trophy, but it has no high priority;)

Very interesting.

I used to use the similar Mod on vb.org and I have a suggestion. Often people will want to track the status of their invites. That is, if i refer a friend i want to know if he's registered or not. So maybe on that new tab you can also show the status of sent invites and those who have registered and those who haven't.
Did you mean this:
invite5.webp
In Status you have "pending" or the username of the registered user.
When you click on the username, the popup with the details opens:)

Thanks ragtek, you're one of the best with these mods, now if you could only create a mod "users who visited today", you'd be priceless :D

Thanks ragtek, you're one of the best with these mods, now if you could only create a mod "users who visited today", you'd be priceless :D

You woun't belive it, but it's on my to-do list;)
Just need to find a sponsor, so i could spend more time with developing add-ons^^

I've sent yesterday the first beta to 2 people to test it, but didn't get any feedback, so i'm searching for 2,3 more testers, to get as many feedback as possible because i have today much freetime where i hope that i can finish & release it.

Important: You need ATM php5.3! And pls only start a conversation, if you have time and can give usefull feedback;)
I could also provide a selenium testsuite for this^^

5 testers - 0 feedback!

I'm not sure if they didn't find any problem, or they didn't test it:(

Nevermind, here's the first rc version (only tested with beta5!)

Requires php5.3 ATM!

BUT to be honest, i'm not sure if i'll continue working on xf add-ons, since beta6, i'm not sure if it's the right application for me.....
This means: ATM i'll work on new add-ons & features, BUT THIS COULD STOP in the near feature!

My add-ons doesn't have a brand and will never include a branding.
Also i don't want to make commercial add-ons, so pls donate:)
Paypal Link

Initialy this is realy great. And I would use this in a contest I am going to hold over at ourforums, but I can't find out how to see how many one of my users have invited?

Initialy this is realy great. And I would use this in a contest I am going to hold over at ourforums, but I can't find out how to see how many one of my users have invited?
That's not implemented yet, but i plan to add it in the feature, as a memberpage tab (see screenshot to know what i mean, don't be scared, it's a vB4 screenshot^^) i think that's what you mean or?

Attachments

• invite tab.webp
    invite tab.webp
    14.6 KB · Views: 19
Yea, that would do it. Of course, access trough the admin panel would also be nice, but we can't have everything we want :)

I have a question for the developer. I have one of your mods already installed and it has the same folder(ragtek) already in the library folder. Some of the files inside of it are the same as in this mod will this effect it?

Oh man, i forget everytime i release something, to write that you can/have to overwrite the stuff^^

thx for reminding me:)

Oh man, i forget everytime i release something, to write that you can/have to override the stuff^^

thx for reminding me:)

I dont quite follow what your saying? yes go ahead and upload the contents of the mod to the existing one?

Top Bottom