Problems with sending mails and hoster

Robert9

A forum has 4000 users a week, 8000 visitors a day.
The hoster makes problems two times in a year because some set numbers of mail receivers are reached.
Then the hoster stops every sending.

Now we have talked about setup new numbers for the alarm to stop the mail sending.
We will do this in a half year again, while the forum grows.

My question:

Is there a way or an add-on to say:

Whatever happens in the board, do:
1. send all mails to register immediately.
2. All other mails send in batches with maximum 10 per minute (or something like this)

3. How can I find out if the bouncing works?

4. I have set up dkip and other things in dns;
but still, too many users tell me, that they don't get mails.

Last edited:
I want apples, and friendly people tell me with the best of intentions to eat some other fruits.
Thank you for your kindness to give me advice, and hope, and best wishes, but i really, really, really, want to eat apples!

I want apples, and friendly people tell me with the best of intentions to eat some other fruits.
Thank you for your kindness to give me advice, and hope, and best wishes, but i really, really, really, want to eat apples!
AFAIK, there is NO way to throttle the number of emails sent by default in XF (meanwhile, in SMF you can easily set the maximum number of emails to send per minute). If you use Amazon SES, you can ship a buttload of them out to it and from what I understand, it will throttle/limit the number it sends, but for most shared hosting providers, there is not an adequate solution present. Honestly.. for the cost, Amazon SES is a better solution once you start getting to the point of sending significant numbers of emails from your site. Yes, it may cost you more, but that's a simple fact of life. Can't afford the cost, can't afford the "game".

Top Bottom