XF 1.5 Problems login with Google

snoopy5

Hi,

XF1.5.23. I try to setup my board so that users can login and/or register with their Google account.

I followed the instructions here:

But still it does not work.

When I try to test it and to login by pressing the Google button, nothing happens. It even does not show in the browser at the buttom an URL.

The facebook button works fine and it shows also an URL in the browser at the buttom while hoovering over it.

What could be the reason for this?

Does anything show in the browser console?

No.

I also installed this addon:

But no difference

That is strange. On the first community forum there was now inbetween an error:

One hour later it worked suddenly. But I did not change anything.

Edit: I did change something: I cleared an empty space at the end of the auth code. I did not know that this changed anything.

As I read in another thread: This is important:

Make sure you don't have any spaces either side of the ID or secret.

I had this same problem until I looked at the URL it was creating and realised that the highlighted ID and secret when you copy it from the Google developer website has a space at both ends.

Last edited:
google+ sign-in was sort of replaced with google sign-in when google stopped pushing google+.
i am not sure if there were code changes involved that were delivered in xenforo updates released after the version you are using at the moment.
not sure if older versions would stop working with the shutdown of google+. here is what the blog post states:

Lastly, we are shutting down all Google+ APIs, which also includes Google+ Sign-in and requests for Google+ OAuth scopes. We have already begun the wind down process and developers may notice intermittent API failures leading up to March 7, 2019, when APIs will be fully shutdown. Read more about the Google+ API shutdown here. For developers wanting to migrate from Google+ Sign-in to Google Sign-in, see here.

Top Bottom