XF 2.2 primary and secondry user groups

You set up the user group by going to groups &permissions > usergroups then add group.

Then assign as secondary group from within a user’s settings, or else via a promotion or upgrade.

You set up the user group by going to groups &permissions > usergroups then add group.

Then assign as secondary group from within a user’s settings, or else via a promotion or upgrade.
can i setup for all users? or need to add manually? i am not seeing any secondry group setting in ACP

can i setup for all users? or need to add manually? i am not seeing any secondry group setting in ACP
You need to create a user group promotion that will promote them to the new user group. Unless you mean every user on your forum then you can probably do batch update users.

You don't want every user group checked, you just want to select VIP PRO and then go to the next tab where it says apply this promotion while. and set options there.

getting error
1714686283952.webp
As above, you must set criteria on the next tab/s (Apply while... or User field criteria)

However one thing I noticed is you have a NEWLY_REGISTERED group . Unless this is different to registered, then it is superfluous as all newly registered users are in registered group as primary (and it should stay like that). Apologies if you had that covered already but it may be overcomplicating things if the permissions are the same and this question implies you are not yet familiar with the xenforo system.

can i setup for all users?
Yes but if you want all users in that group, you may as well not have the secondary group and apply the permissions you want to the registered group. That way all, users have the permissions you wanted for the secondary group without having to actually have the secondary group and go through the bother of promoting or batch updating.

Last edited:
Top Bottom