Post Ratings - taking likes to the next level [Deleted]

DI, I purchased this add-on earlier today and just got around to installing it a few minutes ago. First thoughts? It's great! :D

Love the 'above signature' option being added (y)

By the way, I'm having an issue with my SoundCloud BBCode remaining "on top" of the post ratings and not allowing for the popup to display the rating. Any tip on what I can do to have the SoundCloud "to the back" OR put some padding above the post ratings portion of the post to allow for it to display?

SoundCloud_Rating.webp

DI, I purchased this add-on earlier today and just got around to installing it a few minutes ago. First thoughts? It's great! :D

By the way, I'm having an issue with my SoundCloud BBCode remaining "on top" of the post ratings and not allowing for the popup to display the rating. Any tip on what I can do to have the SoundCloud "to the back" OR put some padding above the post ratings portion of the post to allow for it to display?

View attachment 28710
You could play around with the z-index ;)

I'm really swamped by all of this. I tried disabling then re-enabling different addons but it's only THIS addon which has a problem with me site. I did not try it with the default style theme because I had removed that yesterday. I could not get the addon 're-enabled' (server timeout errors), so I un-installed it losing all of the saved likes that the users had accumulated since I first installed. So then I tried to re-install one last time but remembered I had to make some manual edits 'again'.

But I DID notice that before I had to go and make some manual edits, the addon 'itself' caused the problems I have been explaining so I said forget it and I left this addon uninstalled. I don't really want to give server access because I'm very certain that the issue is with your addon and to troubleshoot it NOW won't bring back all of the used posts where we made alot of different versions of 'likes'. With this all being said, I was wondering if I can just get refunded for the purchase? It's a great addon and for those who have had no problems, then it's well worth it to have! Thanks ;-)

I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like there are some underlying issues with your system - disabling/enabling addons is a relatively simple process and should be near instant.

I've refunded your payment as requested.

View attachment 28710

Assuming the soundcloud embed is flash based, it will need wmode="transparent" added to the html to let things render over it, and z-index may also need modified.

Assuming the soundcloud embed is flash based, it will need wmode="transparent" added to the html to let things render over it, and z-index may also need modified.

wmode="transparent" didn't seem to work. Oh well, I guess I can modify the 'z-index'. Which leads me to the next question.... where and how do I modify that? :)

Try:

Code:
<object height="81" width="100%">
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param>
<param name="movie" value="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2F{$id}&amp;g=bb"></param>
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param>
<embed wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" height="81" src="http://player.soundcloud.com/player.swf?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2F{$id}&amp;g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"></embed>
</object>

Just curious DI I've upgraded to the latest version but did nothing not touched any template edits I made so although this is good and the display is still fine. Will I have to do anything or best just leaving everything as it is?

I wasn't sure whether I had to remove any edits. But currently I have the "Display ratings above signature" unchecked but still it's above the signature area so all is still good just more asking if there was any edits I need to remove.

Just curious DI I've upgraded to the latest version but did nothing not touched any template edits I made so although this is good and the display is still fine. Will I have to do anything or best just leaving everything as it is?

I wasn't sure whether I had to remove any edits. But currently I have the "Display ratings above signature" unchecked but still it's above the signature area so all is still good just more asking if there was any edits I need to remove.

You're fine to leave it as it is, but if you really want you can undo the custom edits and use the option instead

You're fine to leave it as it is, but if you really want you can undo the custom edits and use the option instead

I've removed the edits just so I know if i ever did want to shift the Rating container below (unlikely). I have that option.

And thanks for adding the option to place Ratings above or below the signature area DI, excellent work yet again. :)

I'm sure there is a good technical reason for this and it's most probably been asked. When you receive a like in the Alerts dropdown the like icon doesn't display in the dropdown menu like the other custom icons. Any reason why the like icon doesn't display? It was something i noticed and was niggling at me and thought to ask. It's no biggie, I was just more curious why it doesn't display.

no-icon-display.webp

I'm sure there is a good technical reason for this and it's most probably been asked. When you receive a like in the Alerts dropdown the like icon doesn't display in the dropdown menu like the other custom icons. Any reason why the like icon doesn't display? It was something i noticed and was niggling at me and thought to ask. It's no biggie, I was just more curious why it doesn't display.

It was an old design choice to integrate with rather than replace the XenForo likes system.

However with the level of integration that has since been reached, replacing likes altogether is slightly less of a bad idea (still issues such as likes on other content types won't count towards totals etc.)

If you want to try replacing likes, follow these instructions: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...the-next-level-paid.28475/page-23#post-344980

Just note that they're not tested on live data and things could go horribly wrong :p

And all that being said, its not infeasible for me to simply display the standard rating alert and news feed entry for likes.. now why didn't I think of that before :P

Quick note: on occasion, looks like when users edit their posts in conversations it pulls the wrong set of user ratings for that post. It's showing the ratings given by that user instead of the ratings gained by that user. This seems to fix itself once you return to the forum.

We are also using Conversation Essentials

Darkimmortal, we are about to finally transfer over from VB to Xenforo in about a week - you mentioned before that you can help me transfer over the current Likes we have from the vbulletin plugin: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/vbecommerce.php?do=product&productid=22

What would be the best way to do this? Maybe a couple days before we switch I can disable the plugin on VB and have you go in and backup the files we need or?

Again, I will pay you for this as this is one the major features all my members love on the forum and there is thousands of likes....

Thanks again for your awesome support! :)

I haven't fully thought this out, and it's very late (more early).

I was thinking of creating a bullsh*t or True thread (game thread) where specific icons to that thread would be the option I would want to take. I'm sure it's been requested and I'm not sure whether it's even possible but to have an option to use x rating in a specific thread id where the admin can input a thread id in a field for that specific rating/icon to be used in? Although these icons would not relate anywhere else they would related to that specific thread.

basically it's narrowing down the criteria for rating usage to threads which can be expanded upon with other ideas mine probably being a poor example.

It's early not sure how sound this suggestion will seem in the morning. :D

Hey man I was reading this thread when I saw that they were comparing your Post Ratings software to the reputation system on vBulletin.com. I thought about it and realized that you can leave comments instead of ratings with this modification right, but I'm not clear on that.

Does the comments that are are enabled mean you can leave a positive or negative comment and if you leave a comment will the comments show up in your settings page just like reputation comments show up on other softwares?

Top Bottom