• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Paid Mod] xenShop

Steve,

Just wondered if there was any movement on this at all towards "V2" ;) ?

Cheers
Paul

Steve,

Just wondered if there was any movement on this at all towards "V2" ;) ?

Cheers
Paul
ditto?
in particular any testing with 1.1.x beta's/rc's?
Sorry for not replying sooner. As of right now I am not working on the next version for another 2 to 3 weeks. My classes and family is taking up all of my time due to the classes being higher level so I really don't have much time to code. Once these classes are complete I will work on the next version and get it released before the new year.

Steve I can certainly wait but I wanted to throw my virtual hat into the pile to say that when you can have it ready, I will be making a purchase for an ecommerce add-on. One site I have I think can benefit so will keep my eyes on this. Enjoy the holidays and good luck with school!

Is it possible for the next version to set up payment gateways, along with user information (address, phone, etc) to ship the item to them once they have paid? Is it also possible, to use credits to get a discount? Such as if you are selling a paintbrush and it costs $10, if the user also donates 200 credits back to the bank they can get it for $8? I really need to get the shop working, and I do not fancy the idea of using a bridge. If you could use credits to get a discount on items that would be great :D

All of the authors domains that I'm aware of are now dead. Also, he was looking for someone to take over this project if I remember correctly (either this or the Portal he made, can't remember), but either way, I think his mods might be dead.

The mod he was going to have someone take over was the portal.

As far as I know, this mod is not dead but is in need of some updating based on the latest version of xF.

xenShop, formerly xShop, is going into the meat grinder to begin version 2. This version will introduce payment gateways, primarily Paypal for now, with xenPoints coming out later on that will be a framework where you can tie any future addons we develop into it.

Sites are not dead, just had some issues with funds last month due to Christmas and me having demanding children. They will be back as soon as I get the bill paid and have it paid up for at least 6 months.

This will be made an announcement on Codiums but as of right now, I am prepping to move this summer so during my move you will see no updates or posts from me for about 2-3 weeks.

Is it possible for the next version to set up payment gateways, along with user information (address, phone, etc) to ship the item to them once they have paid? Is it also possible, to use credits to get a discount? Such as if you are selling a paintbrush and it costs $10, if the user also donates 200 credits back to the bank they can get it for $8? I really need to get the shop working, and I do not fancy the idea of using a bridge. If you could use credits to get a discount on items that would be great :D
This is planned for version 2. Right now we will be looking at adding items then if physical the buyer is presented with a form to fill out. If there are custom fields the user has filled out then the form will automatically fill that in. I expect a 2 month turn around time but could be shorter depending on the amount of time I can dedicate to it.

Cool, I will be waiting for it :D Money is ready, just need the product to be usable for my forums :D

Steve,

Cool - good to hear all is ok - you have my sympathies with respect to Christmas and demanding children :)
As per the others - if it's any motivation - £££/$$$ here awaiting a working version - if you want any assistance with trialling then just give me a shout :) :)

We are looking for small site owners as well but our focus will be stress testing to make sure the payment gateway can hold up under multiple uses.

I am running a one time donation to help the site out. If you donate now you will get more say in the development of xenShop and our Xen line of products. The donation amounts differ and each amount grants certain aspects. For further information head on over to xenPoints and read our announcement.

Top Bottom