• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Paid Mod] xenShop

I'm curious as to what people use these addons for. Why do forum members like having a virtual currency? What can they spend this virtual currency on? What benefits do the things they "purchase" give them?

I'm curious as to what people use these addons for. Why do forum members like having a virtual currency? What can they spend this virtual currency on? What benefits do the things they "purchase" give them?
To answer those questions, right now it is just images to show off. By 2.0 version it will be a choice of virtual shop or commerce store. The virtual currency can be used to change username, change title, etc.

I'd like Payment gateway services such as Paypal ... I think people would pay dearly for a Xenforo Shopping Cart with Paypal etc.

Seconded. Have had a look and whilst initially i was very excited, there isnt much to it at the moment. Shall keep a watch on this and wait until a little more is incorporated.... :) Thanks to Steve for what looks like what will be a very exciting mod :)

For the members of my site, it gives them the images they want to show-off. I run a gaming site, and the members there love video game icons. So, I will create tons of images for them to display. Also, a good majority of my members have favorite sports teams. Instead of having one in their avatar, they can post, earn enough, and represent all their favorite teams with each logo they want. It's all about the members. Some sites don't care for trophies, my site members love them, same with awards.... I suppose it stems from being avid gamers, earning things keeps them coming back.

It's like achievements in video games. Pretty much worthless in the grand scheme of things, but fun to show off.

It's like achievements in video games. Pretty much worthless in the grand scheme of things, but fun to show off.

Exactly.... no "real" value to them at all, besides my time put into creating the image. The members however, enjoy earning enough points to get certain items. Keeps activity up for a gaming site during slow game season... haha.

My site loves the shop stuff, too. I won't be doing it quite yet, though. We like to gift them to others.

Hi Steve,

Just been looking again at this. Any plans to turn into a mini-ebay type mod? If not, would it be possible to request as a custom "enhancement" to do this ??? :) Integration with Paypal gateway not essential for the items that would be for sale on my site, however the ability for users to "bid" and for the duration to be settable per auction would be useful ;)

Also i know it's the cardinal sin asking, however have you any approx timeline to V2.0 if all goes well :) Obviously subject to change of course :)

Cheers
Paul

Hi Steve,

Just been looking again at this. Any plans to turn into a mini-ebay type mod? If not, would it be possible to request as a custom "enhancement" to do this ??? :) Integration with Paypal gateway not essential for the items that would be for sale on my site, however the ability for users to "bid" and for the duration to be settable per auction would be useful ;)

Also i know it's the cardinal sin asking, however have you any approx timeline to V2.0 if all goes well :) Obviously subject to change of course :)

Cheers
Paul
Actually there is plans to make a selling type of enhancement. The auction type was an idea I had, which I may include, depends on the extra load I would have to put into it for it to work.

With v2.0??? I no nothing of v2.0. LOL

Actually I can't really say for sure, I have 2 sites to launched next week and then work to be done on xfArcade. So it will be a couple of months as I want to get 1.1 out before 2.0 :P

So far we are up to v1.0.4 which has included a few fixes, changes, and additions. As xenDirectory moves to its new home, a new area will be introduced that will provide further details about this mod along with a changelog.

Does this also integrate / will integrate, into XF existing account upgrade features, ie. so you can use points earnt to purchase account upgrades, as well as the obvious tangible products / services coming in your future commerce improvements?

Reading through this thread so far, seems extremely promising and certainly something I will be interested within when it reaches the commerce level of development.

Well done Steve... beautiful mod with exceptional potential.

Thanks Anthony, that is something I have thought about but have yet to make sure it is feasible. I would assume it is but I won't know till I try.

Hello,
I have an problem with the option "Postbit Display".
I have activated the option "yes" in my inventary, but is not displayed in my potbit, it's just displayed in my profil page.
There is an option to activate?

Thank you
Emeric
(sorry for my english, but i'm french...)
If you could please remove this post as I do not provide support on XenForo.com

Top Bottom