XF 2.2 Orphaned Widget Templates - How to Delete?

Foxtrek_64

Hello,

After making and deleting a widget, I decided to once again recreate the widget. This is leading to issues with template titles not being unique. This has actually happened a few times, and these orphaned templates are preventing me from actually creating widgets.

1712360072233.webp

I have turned on debug mode and searched through style modifications for all styles, however these don't appear to be attached to any specific style and cannot be "reverted" to delete them.

How can I delete these orphaned widget templates?

Solution
I can't reproduce this, the template is deleted appropriately with the widget for me. In any case you can likely resolve this manually by enabling development mode and then deleting the template in the master style.
Are you sure the widget was actually deleted, and not just removed from all positions? The template should be deleted automatically when the widget is deleted.

Are you sure the widget was actually deleted, and not just removed from all positions? The template should be deleted automatically when the widget is deleted.

1712422977641.webp

I am certain the widgets were deleted, not just removed from their positions. The only widgets I have in place at this time are the ones that come stock with XenForo, an announcements widget which shows posts from my announcements forum on my front page, and a widget from a plugin I have installed that allows syncing with discord.

I seem to remember something similar to this being discussed before. It's simple to reproduce.

Add a HTML widget with a widget key of test_title_widget_key

Delete the widget, then rty to recreate it with the same widget key test_title_widget_key

I seem to remember something similar to this being discussed before. It's simple to reproduce.

Add a HTML widget with a widget key of test_title_widget_key

Delete the widget, then rty to recreate it with the same widget key test_title_widget_key

Do you know how to fix it? I was reading in another thread that it could be done with debug mode on, but I wasn't able to find anything. My next thought is accessing the database directly but that's not something I want to do without a much better understanding of the app as a whole, or direct instruction.

I can't reproduce this, the template is deleted appropriately with the widget for me. In any case you can likely resolve this manually by enabling development mode and then deleting the template in the master style.

Solution
Top Bottom