[TH] Login As User [Deleted]

Ah thanks that worked for me. I see it does not show me the start conversation option if I am logged in as a user

Yes this is what I did as they reporting they cannot start a conversation with me so I needed to test this feature on their account. I also tried to see if they could start one with another member also does not show that option.

Yes this is what I did as they reporting they cannot start a conversation with me so I needed to test this feature on their account. I also tried to see if they could start one with another member also does not show that option.
Sounds like you have a permissions issue with that user not being able to start a conversation then. This add-on will replicate exactly what that person can see, so it sounds like their report was accurate.

If you are having problems with permissions for starting conversations and can't figure this out, I suggest posting in the main public forums, as the problem you are having is completely unrelated to this add-on.

Ok I have it all sorted out now it must have been one of my setting that were out, thanks for the help

No problem. Please consider leaving a review for this add-on if it helped to fix your problem.

There's a few breaking changes that have affected this add-on, @Waindigo that I have fixed for myself.

First, Waindigo_LoginAsUser_Extend_XenForo_Model_User From Line: 97. Change to:
PHP:
    public function updateSessionActivity($userId, $ip, $controllerName, $action, $viewState, array $inputParams, $viewDate = null, $robotKey = '')
    {
        if (!XenForo_Application::get('session')->isRegistered('loggedInAs')
            || !XenForo_Application::get('options')->get('waindigo_loginAsUser_stealthLogin'))
        {
            parent::updateSessionActivity($userId, $ip, $controllerName, $action, $viewState, $inputParams, $viewDate, $robotKey);
        }
    }

Second, Waindigo_Listener_ControllerPreDispatch Line: 176. Change to:
PHP:
if (strlen($listener[0][0]) > strlen($addOnId) && substr($listener[0][0], 0, strlen($addOnId)) == $addOnId) {

I think the second one would...

The first one probably would too, unfortunately, but I haven't tested.

There's a few breaking changes that have affected this add-on, @Waindigo that I have fixed for myself.

First, Waindigo_LoginAsUser_Extend_XenForo_Model_User From Line: 97. Change to:
PHP:
    public function updateSessionActivity($userId, $ip, $controllerName, $action, $viewState, array $inputParams, $viewDate = null, $robotKey = '')
    {
        if (!XenForo_Application::get('session')->isRegistered('loggedInAs')
            || !XenForo_Application::get('options')->get('waindigo_loginAsUser_stealthLogin'))
        {
            parent::updateSessionActivity($userId, $ip, $controllerName, $action, $viewState, $inputParams, $viewDate, $robotKey);
        }
    }

Second, Waindigo_Listener_ControllerPreDispatch Line: 176. Change to:
PHP:
if (strlen($listener[0][0]) > strlen($addOnId) && substr($listener[0][0], 0, strlen($addOnId)) == $addOnId) {

Thanks for the fix. Where can I find Waindigo_Listener_ControllerPreDispatch?
I've looked at
/library/Waindigo/LoginAsUser/Listener

But couldn't find line 176.

Here's what the server error code looks like. It completely breaks the site when enabled and not even in use.

Server Error
Declaration of Waindigo_LoginAsUser_Extend_XenForo_Model_User::updateSessionActivity() should be compatible with that of XenForo_Model_User::updateSessionActivity()

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  2. XenForo_Autoloader::autoload() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  3. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 897
  4. XenForo_Application::autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 421
  5. XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in XenForo/Model.php at line 189
  6. XenForo_Model::create() in XenForo/Visitor.php at line 403
  7. XenForo_Visitor::setup() in XenForo/Session.php at line 366
  8. XenForo_Session::startAdminSession() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Abstract.php at line 48
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Abstract->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 304
  10. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 334
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in blahblah/admin.php at line 13

This fix is incorrect. Please wait for update to be released.

I'm trying to avoid installing my XF beta test site again. I'm trying to
Here's what the server error code looks like. It completely breaks the site when enabled and not even in use.

Server Error
Declaration of Waindigo_LoginAsUser_Extend_XenForo_Model_User::updateSessionActivity() should be compatible with that of XenForo_Model_User::updateSessionActivity()

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  2. XenForo_Autoloader::autoload() in XenForo/Autoloader.php at line 119
  3. XenForo_Autoloader->autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 897
  4. XenForo_Application::autoload() in XenForo/Application.php at line 421
  5. XenForo_Application::resolveDynamicClass() in XenForo/Model.php at line 189
  6. XenForo_Model::create() in XenForo/Visitor.php at line 403
  7. XenForo_Visitor::setup() in XenForo/Session.php at line 366
  8. XenForo_Session::startAdminSession() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Abstract.php at line 48
  9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Abstract->_setupSession() in XenForo/Controller.php at line 304
  10. XenForo_Controller->preDispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 334
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in blahblah/admin.php at line 13
I managed to fix this by Chris' first fix. Just edit the file in /library/Waindigo/LoginAsUser/

Anyway, I will wait for the official support for 1.2.

Chris's fix is incorrect and may have unexpected results. It also depends on whether you have other add-ons installed as to which line and which file you need to make the fix.

Apology if this has been reported - a problem with banned user. I wanted to double triple check if a feature I had just created was invisible and used LAU to view as a banned user.
Was then unable to Return to me! Unable to log out as not logged in as this user. The only way I was able to escape this catch22 was to close page, log out of admin as well, and open fresh login.
Maybe I was stupid not to trust that banned = no access to view. But this could potentially be a small problem for a site with multiple moderators and some dont know a user is Banned.

OK it's worse than I thought - only seemed to fix. The only way I could regain access to my frontend was to delete that banned user.

Hey @Morgain I just want to clarify your issue so I don't repeat that process. You basically logged in as a banned user and was unable to switch back correct?

Hey @Morgain I just want to clarify your issue so I don't repeat that process. You basically logged in as a banned user and was unable to switch back correct?
Yes. Whatever I did I got the popup saying I was banned. Perfectly logical - but a big problem and this could happen on multi manager sites.
I could use the admincp and I eventually deleted that user which is OK as XF doesnt delete that user's posts. But it's a bit drastic.

That is the trouble. It is a perfectly logical thing to do, so any fix would break that logic and potentially cause confusion. Should be able to make the "return to..." link work though. The other alternative is to stop it allowing you to log in as banned users, but again this could cause confusion.

Top Bottom