[LN] Blog [Deleted]

Our blogs abruptly began to look like this:

blogproblem.png

I've re-uploaded all files and re-installed the XML, but the problem persists. None of my admins can figure out why this happened suddenly. Halp, plz? :)

Our blogs abruptly began to look like this:

blogproblem.png

I've re-uploaded all files and re-installed the XML, but the problem persists. None of my admins can figure out why this happened suddenly. Halp, plz? :)
Did you change servers? With LiteSpeed you have to enable the ability to read Apache .htaccess.

1. Please don't get me wrong I love to see a blog addon, but I just don't understand the general idea behind it.
What make a blog post different from just saying - here is a Forum - I call it BLOGS - and allow Users to post a thread in it ?

can anybody explain please.
I had posters that would post random threads where it seemed like they were pretty much talking to themselves.

So I told em to blog instead since some posters were complaining about it.

Did you change servers? With LiteSpeed you have to enable the ability to read Apache .htaccess.
This community is on a shared server, so it is possible that our host moved us. I've submitted a ticket to ensure that they enable Apache .htaccess reading. If it doesn't work, I'll report back. Thank you sincerely for your help!

Many hosts aren't fully familiar with Lightspeed, so it happens fairly often, especially with shared hosts.

Last week it was brought to my attention that nofollow was being applied to all links in blog entries, even if the person was an admin. I looked into it and have provided a patch for it. Simply overwrite the files on your server with the ones in the download.

I've also completed the XenPorta block that is compatible with the latest release. It addresses permission issues that allowed people to see all the recent blog entries, even if they were soft-deleted or moderated.

Both items are attached below.

Attachments

Yes, a view counter similar to the threads view counters we have in the forum. It could be visible from the blog index, and from within an entry. What do you think?

Yes, a view counter similar to the threads view counters we have in the forum. It could be visible from the blog index, and from within an entry. What do you think?
It's entirely possible if you modify the codebase, though off-hand I don't know what you'd have to do to get it working for this.

Is it something you may want to include in a future release of your product? I don't think I'd be able to make it work myself.

Last week it was brought to my attention that nofollow was being applied to all links in blog entries, even if the person was an admin. I looked into it and have provided a patch for it. Simply overwrite the files on your server with the ones in the download.

I've also completed the XenPorta block that is compatible with the latest release. It addresses permission issues that allowed people to see all the recent blog entries, even if they were soft-deleted or moderated.

Both items are attached below.
what should I do with the php file? where should I put it?

what should I do with the php file? where should I put it?
If you look at the file structure, it shows exactly where it goes. There's 2 directories you need to upload to. Most FTP clients will handle it automatically if you upload the file from your XenForo root directory.

I saw it, sorry - posted too fast ;-)

Now when blog posts are being made, and I want them to show on the home page with the xenporta block, it looks like this:
blog-screen1.webp

That doesn't really look bloggy like, people have to click on it to get anything.
Are there ways to set a different view for this, like one where the first 1000 char's of the post are shown and people can click "read more..." for the rest? Or is that too much to ask ;)

I believe it's possible with some modification to the templates but that block was mainly made to match the sidebar "Recent Entries" block that appear on the forum home.

Would that be something you would do for a small fee, or will it be in the paid version? Or should I ask someone else about it?
Thanks.

I can't say how things will work out yet as this is something done after primary work is done on the Blog, and I'm still months off before getting there.

I'm sure there's people who can help with this particular block as it's not complicated. Unfortunately my efforts are directed elsewhere.

Omimua, I'm going to try to do it myself (and will share ofcourse if it works).

in the template, I see this part:
Code:
<xen:if is="{$LNBlogEntriesBlock}">
<ol>
<xen:foreach loop="$LNBlogEntriesBlock" value="$recentEntry">
<xen:include template="lnblog_sidebar_recent_entry" />
</xen:foreach>
</ol>
<xen:else />

Now, to help me getting started, what if-clause would I need to detect and include a different layout when the block is used in the center-part of a page?

Thanks a lot!

Top Bottom