Keyword Replace by Waindigo [Deleted]

I have a bug I'd like to report.

A user reported this and I've experienced this once first hand.

I'm using this addon to replace one keyword in the first two instances with an affiliate link. In both times I encountered this bug, below the main post content there was a quote, and below the quote was a auto-keyword replaced keyword.

Thing is, when the post was made, the response below the quote doesn't show up at all - just the quote. If you edit the post the missing text is still in the editor. Editing and saving shows it, but upon refresh, it disappears again.

Amending the auto-replace keyword so it's not replaced fixes this issue and shows the missing text.

@Waindigo I just encountered it again in a thread about the very keyword I was targeting and at that point I had to disable it.

Before:

Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 9.07.14 PM.webp

Editor:
Screen Shot 2013-11-10 at 9.07.48 PM.webp

Disabling keyword replace fixed the issue.

Hi @Waindigo

On the previous page you stated I could use HTML for a description to display on mouse over, which works fine. However I want all keywords to display in a certain way (colour and dotted underline) - is there somewhere in the addon files I can amend this.

Also I noticed this doesn't really work on mobile devices like iPhones.

Is there any option for a popup instead like the overlay, so if a member clicks on the text the overlay displays text I specify?

Cheers

@Waindigo - Can you help on the below please?

Hi @Waindigo

On the previous page you stated I could use HTML for a description to display on mouse over, which works fine. However I want all keywords to display in a certain way (colour and dotted underline) - is there somewhere in the addon files I can amend this.

Is there any option for a popup instead like the overlay, so if a member clicks on the text the overlay displays text I specify?

Cheers

I've added around 200 keywords, now when I am trying to add another one, every time I am getting "Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again." when trying to save.

What is the problem? Please, help.

1) Open .htaccess
2) add line
HTML:
php_value max_input_vars 4000

you can add any number you wish

enjoy!

Last edited:
Is anyone using this awesome mod with Skimlinks?

I am trying to get it to work so that if someone mentions 'iTunes App A', that it changes it to the apps clickable iTunes link, but this seems to then cut out the Skimlinks redirect?

I have a bug I'd like to report.

A user reported this and I've experienced this once first hand.

I'm using this addon to replace one keyword in the first two instances with an affiliate link. In both times I encountered this bug, below the main post content there was a quote, and below the quote was a auto-keyword replaced keyword.

Thing is, when the post was made, the response below the quote doesn't show up at all - just the quote. If you edit the post the missing text is still in the editor. Editing and saving shows it, but upon refresh, it disappears again.

Amending the auto-replace keyword so it's not replaced fixes this issue and shows the missing text.
@Waindigo I just encountered it again in a thread about the very keyword I was targeting and at that point I had to disable it.

Before:

View attachment 60975

Editor:
View attachment 60976

Disabling keyword replace fixed the issue.

Am I the only one who's noticed this?

@Waindigo Could you comment on/address this please?

People interested in this resource may wish to know that there is another similar resource available from @*******. You may wish to support this one because it is free for noncommercial use, which is awesome. On the other hand, *******'s Auto Link Replacer may cost money but it counts link clicks, which may be an important feature for some. Choice is a good thing, right? Since there are already two developers who have written link replacer addons, let's support them both.

I've tried to start a discussion comparing the two products in the ******* thread. Any reply is appreciated, but I think it'd be better to have the discussion there because that discussion thread is full of links to this one (because this one is free) and because threads stop making sense when you have to monitor two threads for the same discussion.

Here's the link to the request for comparisons:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/*******-auto-link-replacer-paid.46136/page-4#post-694231
Feedback appreciated

Am I the only one who's noticed this?

@Waindigo Could you comment on/address this please?
I'm unable to replicate this issue. Can you show me the replacements that you have set up?

People interested in this resource may wish to know that there is another similar resource available from @*******. You may wish to support this one because it is free for noncommercial use, which is awesome. On the other hand, *******'s Auto Link Replacer may cost money but it counts link clicks, which may be an important feature for some. Choice is a good thing, right? Since there are already two developers who have written link replacer addons, let's support them both.

I've tried to start a discussion comparing the two products in the ******* thread. Any reply is appreciated, but I think it'd be better to have the discussion there because that discussion thread is full of links to this one (because this one is free) and because threads stop making sense when you have to monitor two threads for the same discussion.

Here's the link to the request for comparisons:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/*******-auto-link-replacer-paid.46136/page-4#post-694231
Feedback appreciated
Thank you for your support. Probably it would be best to create a separate thread somewhere else and link to it from both this one and the other one.

Also, if you do appreciate that we release add-ons for free to non-commercial sites, please consider making a donation to the Waindigo Foundation or contributing to have features added.

Hi @Waindigo

I still haven't had a reply about the below? I am not asking for a mod, just where I can edit so that is displays in a certain way? Please can you help?

Hi @Waindigo

Cheers

I think that this is a great addon both for SEO and for UX if used judiciously, so I wrote about it in a thread entitled "XF SEO Tweaks:"
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xf-seo-tweaks.67500/page-2#post-710231

The discussion of link replacers continues for five posts. My final post gets into a more case-history approach, but sometimes to make the right decision, you really have to get into the nitty gritty:
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xf-seo-tweaks.67500/page-2#post-710428

I'd love to read follow-up posts in that thread to hear how others use the software in terms of both SEO and UX.

Top Bottom