It´s time for some official statement what is going on behind xenforo

• Thread starter Thread starter bogus
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its good they are getting some new mods (I guess, no idea who they are. heh)... but... wouldn't it of made sense to do this BEFORE Brogan got burned out and took the full force of a pissed off community? I know hindsight is 20/20 and all, but seriously... You've lost a great mod (even if I didn't always agree with him, but who always agrees with anyone?), and NOW someone actually steps forward to do something. While overall probably a good thing it was finally done, I'm still sad things are where they are.

WOW. I scanned the entire thread before it's been deleted.

Sorry, but I don't agree. Maybe if I had extra cash it would be different. In the beginning I was quick to add license after license to show my support.

Then you already did your part :) I did not mean to make it sound as if everyone and their dog should just keep on buying licenses. Mostly meant that anyone who would be interested in seeing XenForo flourish, buying a license would be an easy way to throw their support behind XFL.

Sorry if that came across wrong.

My hope is jake bounce is one of the mods :D

I think Jake will be one, unless they see some complications arising in doing so due to his old staff link with vBulletin. Was surprised to not see Jake listed as Mod staff with Brogan before anyway.

they're 'working towards'... sounds like everything is on hold. Makes sense. Why develop when it may be all in vain if the lawsuit doesnt go their way. Damn this sucks bad.

I think Jake will be better NOT a mod. He already answers questions as often as he can, anything else is just babysitting and honestly, I'd rather he was helping people. Bottom line, you don't need to be a mod to help people, otherwise, no one would of been helped by Jake as it is.

What you need a mod for is dealing with issues, which takes a different type of mentality/person (usually). Jake may be a good mod, not trying to say anything different. I just wouldn't want to break something that works great as it is.

I think Jake will be better NOT a mod. He already answers questions as often as he can, anything else is just babysitting and honestly, I'd rather he was helping people. Bottom line, you don't need to be a mod to help people, otherwise, no one would of been helped by Jake as it is.

Good point really, I see what you mean.

they're 'working towards'... sounds like everything is on hold. Makes sense. Why develop when it may be all in vain if the lawsuit doesnt go their way. Damn this sucks bad.

Let's not start speculating already.. he just made the announcement less than an hour ago.

"Working towards" in NO way indicates that they are "on hold", it just sounds like they are restructuring as they likely have to invest their own time elsewhere (ie. development, lawsuit, family).

I'm sure whomever XenForo elects to fulfill the role as moderator, will be for the good of the community at large. I have every faith that the people running XenForo know exactly what they are doing.

Let's not start speculating already.. he just made the announcement less than an hour ago. "Working towards" in NO way indicates that they are "on hold", it just sounds like they are restructuring as they likely have to invest their own time elsewhere (ie. development, lawsuit, family).

QFE.

While it wasn't the answer many probably wanted, it's a response nonetheless and I don't see any reason to continue whinging about something you can't control.

Personally, I'll give them until Christmas or so before I start to consider moving elsewhere. I'm not in a rush, but I do like to see forward movement in products like this. Ashley budged the cart, I'm happy.

So all the addons are illegal, are they?
Also I meant time-unlimited.

Read the comment again this is copyright it has nothing to do with Licenses only, if the competition wins. The add-on it self is not necessarily illegal but an add-on runs on top of the core that is illegal there was never a valid license for the core to begin with. I have asked a lawyer before i bought Xenforo and if the competition wins you as user need to stop the copyright infringement running a add-on on the core and altering the database will not matter in this.

p.s this is if they are defeated but on current stuff in pacer it should only take time to clear everything up.
p.p.s. Rather support them with something sending money is not a good idea but a start-up like i said would be good.

That is a different read than my understanding of the common meaning of words.

"Working towards" means work is being done towards the goal of development. As to what it does not mean, I think it clearly means that development is not on hold and it also means that development is not completed. It is in progress.

At least that's how I read it.

Of course it does. The very careful choice of words is as good as proof. It is nothing other than what many of us have suspected for a long time.

I am certain that even if Ashley had said "Development is currently on hold", people would STILL be claiming that it didn't mean development was on hold. :rolleyes:

If you read my posts you'll see that I was never one of those people, I'm just saying what he posted does not give any indication that development is on hold. And personally I don't care if it was, for me it's more about knowing whether they are still engaged with XenForo, which it seems they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom