Add-on Is their an add-on that will verify a users identity like LinkedIn?

oO5 Dynasty

I’m verified on LinkedIn, and I was wondering if an add-on has been created for xenforo that works the same way. A way for us to verify a users identity, and be a credible source. On my google knowledge panel LinkedIn shows for my verification source of information. I was trying to have the profile pages on my website be a credible source that will show for users on google. But google has to trust your website in order to use it as a credible source.

Linkedin uses Clear service to verify ID. Maybe we can have a way to integrate Clear into our webaite?
I have been working on a way to get members verified. I am using the Badges addon and manually award this verified badge for members who link to their verified linkedin profile.

I have one, but it's for internal use for now (I know not particularly helpful, sorry). It does do a lot of fancy things like allow users to upload ID documents, integrates with Telegram bot for them to verify their phone number, does WebSocket things to automatically update the ID verification page as the user does things. It reads barcodes from ID documents automatically. After the identification verification is reviewed by designated staff, the identity docs/info is encrypted with a public key (private key is kept offline)... we don't need to decrypt any of that on-demand after the verification is complete, but we can if needed by downloading the encrypted payload and using the offline private key to do so.

You can see a little with how it works here:

I have one, but it's for internal use for now (I know not particularly helpful, sorry). It does do a lot of fancy things like allow users to upload ID documents, integrates with Telegram bot for them to verify their phone number, does WebSocket things to automatically update the ID verification page as the user does things. It reads barcodes from ID documents automatically. After the identification verification is reviewed by designated staff, the identity docs/info is encrypted with a public key (private key is kept offline)... we don't need to decrypt any of that on-demand after the verification is complete, but we can if needed by downloading the encrypted payload and using the offline private key to do so.

You can see a little with how it works here:

Wow

Linkedin uses Clear service to verify ID. Maybe we can have a way to integrate Clear into our webaite?
I have been working on a way to get members verified. I am using the Badges addon and manually award this verified badge for members who link to their verified linkedin profile.
Super dope, and something I would look at for sure. The only thing is that last step of google looking at my websites profile pages for users and saying they trust the information to allow it to show up on google knowledge panels. I would really like for the xenforo profile pages to compete against other platforms for google and other search engine notoriety. I even see my profile on my linq account showing on my knowledge panel. Linq is a digital business card so I know we can get our websites to do this. I just don’t know how.

Hoping this could be picked up and developed somehow. Getting a way to build a trust profile online is important these days.
I am honestly seeing how important it is now! Google is a very impressive tool that if used correctly it’s mind blowing how far it can take you. You just need to be a trusted source of data and it opens it doors for you. I’ve only just discovered this this year since I was trying to get a knowledge panel for my music. Then I started to see platforms need to be trusted and I said well why can’t my platform be a trusted source. If LinkedIn and other platforms could do it well I have my own and why can’t I. Do you know how many more people would trust us if google uses us as a trusted platform for them to index our profile pages for users. It would be a crazy marketing point for us to use to get members on our sites.

I am honestly seeing how important it is now! Google is a very impressive tool that if used correctly it’s mind blowing how far it can take you. You just need to be a trusted source of data and it opens it doors for you. I’ve only just discovered this this year since I was trying to get a knowledge panel for my music. Then I started to see platforms need to be trusted and I said well why can’t my platform be a trusted source. If LinkedIn and other platforms could do it well I have my own and why can’t I. Do you know how many more people would trust us if google uses us as a trusted platform for them to index our profile pages for users. It would be a crazy marketing point for us to use to get members on our sites.

I think the trick is going to be how do you get Google to trust your site as a trusted source to validate their user's identities. LinkedIn is LinkedIn... they have some trust behind them inherently. I suspect it's not going to be easy for Google to grant a random site absolute trust for things like that.

That being said, if you figure that part out, let me know. :)

The trick isn't going to have a way to verify your user's identity, the trick is going to be getting Google to trust your site in that context. You can tell Google you verify your user's identities, doesn't mean they simply make your site "super trusted" in their eyes. Anyone can say that...

Last edited:
I think the trick is going to be how do you get Google to trust your site as a trusted source to validate their user's identities. LinkedIn is LinkedIn... they have some trust behind them inherently. I suspect it's not going to be easy for Google to grant a random site absolute trust for things like that.

That being said, if you figure that part out, let me know. :)

The trick isn't going to have a way to verify your user's identity, the trick is going to be getting Google to trust your site in that context. You can tell Google you verify your user's identities, doesn't mean they simply make your site "super trusted" in their eyes. Anyone can say that...
Exactly my thought process on this matter.
We have a ton of brilliant developers on xenforo and just exciting website owners in general. Not to mention the creators of Xenforo, and I just wanted to spark the conversation. I believe collectively we can bring our websites to this google trustworthy spot.
I just took a screenshot of my knowledge panel and I wish it was my website providing that information in the knowledge panel. Not Linkedin
Linked.webp

Top Bottom