XF 2.2 how to fix website not showing up on google?

im not sure if theres some setting i've messed up in the acp or i need a plug in

my forum geomax.me has been around for a few years and has 500 members but it still doesnt show up on google

the plugins i added a few months ago are the following. doesnt seem like theyve helped at all

XenForo SEO​

[OzzModz] SEO & Index Tools​

any advice?

yeah i guess that’s possible

why would other xenforo forums like looksmax.org get better seo when they have similar discussions? do you think they use certain add ons or it’s just because they’re a bigger site?
You’d probably need to do an SEO audit to determine that, but obviously the top indexed pages as above are not particularly useful so the obvious conclusion is that your problem may be with the content of the threads.

Is there anything specific you configured in those addons to try to improve your SEO?

Google Search Console is a good place to check if there are any warnings from Google.

Microsoft is pretty bad at this though. My domain seems to be blacklisted on Bing. And their search console version provides no information on what went wrong. They just ask you to read through their general content policy for indexing and follow it. I would imagine, if the content is good enough for Google, it probably is good enough for Bing. But anyways. Tons of complaints about this on their support community with no useful response from Bing representatives.

I think it's a combination of no worthwhile content (not hate speech) and poor SEO optimization.

You have to make sure that content is being created around your niche so that Google can index your content. You have to encourage your users to post good content (or post it yourself) around your niche to attract users and for your site to index better in Google in general.

Content is king when it comes to google, and if you don't have any worthwhile content for Google to index, it will not be indexed.

I would recommend that you consult with an SEO expert, and they'll probably be able to assist you further with your forum.

Top Bottom