Friend Inviter [Paid] [Deleted]

This has been requested several times by now. I know, including me. Any chance for that? :-/ It would be an instant buy with this feature.

I have everything working after purchasing except facebook
I am using my facebook intergration details which pass the test in the ACP, but I am getting these errors in the server log:

ErrorException: Undefined index: access_token - library/FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php:515
ErrorException: Undefined variable: initials - library/FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php:577

I am logged in to facebook but the friend inviter screen just says 'You are not yet signed into facebook'

Any ideas?

cheers

OK this is now the error for all social options

Server Error
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'social_tokens' in 'field list'
  1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
  5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1628
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->_update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1597
  7. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1393
  8. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in DigitalPointSpy/DataWriter/User.php at line 7
  9. DigitalPointSpy_DataWriter_User->save() in FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php at line 152
  10. FriendInviter_ControllerPublic_FriendInviter->actionGoogleCallback() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  11. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  12. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/arsenalt/public_html/index.php at line 13

Here's an image of what the invite looks like. In the Invitation Text (Facebook) I have this:
--------------------------------------
Hello, we need your help at the new Toy Dog Forums. {boardurl} We need more new users to post messages.
Please check it out and join if you like. Click the following link to explore the forums. It's awesome and you will love it. Everything is free.
{boardtitle}
{boardurl}
-----------------------------------------------
Doesn't this show up anyplace? As you see in the image, I am only getting the name, URL, and forums software by Xenforo.
Seems like the above Invitation Text (Facebook) should show up someplace.
What am I missing?
Thank you
inviter.gif

This is very odd, Steve.

The forum description is showing up instead of your custom text. I thought it might be some formatting issue with your Facebook text, but as you can see, that same text is working fine on my board:

upload_2013-8-17_8-33-44.webp

Facebook is notorious at heavily caching things. Maybe this will sort itself out eventually.

You might want to change your board description in Admin CP > Options > Basic Board Information. According to your post it is set to Forum software by XenForo. That's where Facebook gets that from.

Maybe updating that will trigger it to update their cache. If you've already changed it, that could indicate some other issue not exclusive to this add-on.

OK this is now the error for all social options
Sorry for the delay.

This error is really odd. At any point did you uninstall and reinstall the add-on? Or any of my other add-ons, such as Social Connect?

The most recent error suggests that the social_tokens column is missing from the xf_user table and it definitely shouldn't be.

It might be a good idea to do a reinstall (upgrade using the existing XML file after reuploading all of the files) to see if the error goes away. If it doesn't then we can manually create that column in PHP My Admin:

Code:
ALTER TABLE xf_user ADD social_tokens mediumblob NULL AFTER warning_points

This is very odd, Steve.

The forum description is showing up instead of your custom text. I thought it might be some formatting issue with your Facebook text, but as you can see, that same text is working fine on my board:

You might want to change your board description in Admin CP > Options > Basic Board Information. According to your post it is set to Forum software by XenForo. That's where Facebook gets that from.

Maybe updating that will trigger it to update their cache. If you've already changed it, that could indicate some other issue not exclusive to this add-on.

Update: I changed the Board Meta Description.

ALso tested with IE, Chrome and Firefox. Still no change. The EMAIL does work and transfer the info to the message.
Can you check my settings?

Attachments

• friend-1.webp
    friend-1.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 6
  • friend-4.webp
    friend-4.webp
    43 KB · Views: 6
  • friend-3.webp
    friend-3.webp
    49 KB · Views: 6
  • friend-2.webp
    friend-2.webp
    57.9 KB · Views: 6
I have just tried it on your site and it seems to be picking up the correct meta description now...

upload_2013-8-17_19-54-4.webp

So that's a start. That also confirms there was definitely some sort of caching issue, then.

But it's still not picking up the correct data which is odd...

I will do some investigating.

I have just done a little further debugging and this is what I found...

The "input_description" is passed to the Facebook overlay. It can be seen in the code. The exact code is:

Code:
Hello, we need your help at the new Toy Dog Forums. We need more new users to post messages. We have a contest right now to earn two Dog Rescues money with YOUR HELP. It's awesome and you will love it. Everything is free.\n

Notice the \n at the end? That's a line break...

Make sure that after... "Everything is free." there are no spaces, do not press enter. Just nothing at all after it. And try again.

That may get it working.

Hmm, I don't have the\n on my menu. Also there are is space it return after the last period.
Also just noticed that the Software by Xenfore has now been replaced with my descrptions.

Steve

Yeah it's not made a difference.

Here's something to try. I still think this is related to caching...

Can you create a completely new Facebook app?

Then in the add-on options provide the new app ID and app secret and uncheck the "Use Facebook login app".

I think that might fix the issue.

Hello Chris, Still the same results.
Here's a new screen capture. You can see at the bottom that it is a newapp, now called toydogs2,
With new App ID and New App Secret.

I also unchecked the FB Login App, and also tried the Unlink and then when through the link process with the same results.
Any other ideas? Thank you...

Attachments

• friend-5.webp
    friend-5.webp
    13.5 KB · Views: 5
One quick unrelated note in testing. When I select a letter from the alphabet, it does not go to the TOP of the list, but pretty much stays where I left off of before click a new letter. Can you add this to a future up to move back to the top of the list? Maybe it's more noticable on large friends list, over 2,000.. Thank you.

Here is what it is seeing as of now..

Code:
{
  "id": "524711470932259",
  "url": "http://www.toydogforums.com/index.php",
  "type": "website",
  "title": "Toy Dog Forums",
  "image": [
      {
        "url": "http://www.toydogforums.com/styles/default/xenforo/logo.og.png",
        "width": 100,
        "height": 100
      }
  ],
  "description": "Toy Dog Forums - Talking about all breeds of Toy Dogs and it's completely FREE",
  "site_name": "Toy Dog Forums",
  "updated_time": "2013-08-17T20:43:19+0000",
  "created_time": "2013-08-12T02:11:56+0000",
  "application": {
      "id": "171798386339603",
      "name": "Toydogforums",
      "url": "http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=171798386339603"
  },
  "is_scraped": true
}

Top Bottom