Friend Inviter [Paid] [Deleted]

Interested in buying this. Have purchasers had much of an increase in members as a result of this addon?
Well, you can't really throw this on a new site and expect to gain members. You have to actually have active members that might want to invite someone. :)

Chris, I'm not able to get facebook invites to work. Getting following error when I click on the facebook icon -

{
"error": {
"message": "Invalid redirect_uri: Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.",
"type": "OAuthException",
"code": 191
}
}

You haven't updated your Facebook or Twitter application URLs since you changed URLs.

Hi Chris,

I am not sure if you have missed my message reporting an error that I faced a month ago, could you go through it if you don't mind?

Besides, I also face another issue with Yahoo's app now.

After I agree to allow sharing contact with my app, I was redirected back to my forum, and then I got the below error:

Code:
Server Error

Undefined index: contact
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in FriendInviter/Helper/Yahoo.php at line 237
FriendInviter_Helper_Yahoo::parseYahooContacts() in FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php at line 387
FriendInviter_ControllerPublic_FriendInviter->actionYahoo() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/abcdchat/public_html/index.php at line 13
'

Do you have idea why is that so?

Your help would be much appreciated. Thank you :)

Hi Chris,

I recently integrated Friends Inviter, I have been working on the Twitter's part. I created the application and filled in the Consumer Key and Secret. I tried clicking on the Twitter logo, when it comes to the authorisation page, I click Cancel and click return to my forum, I immediately got the below:

Any idea what's causing this to happen? Thank you :)
Looks like your token has expired so you just need to "Unlink Twitter" and once you login and authorise again you should get a fresh access token. If the issue proceeds and Twitter has never worked properly then you should revisit the set up instructions to ensure the Twitter application is set up correctly and you're using the correct Consumer Key and Secret.

Hi Chris,

I am not sure if you have missed my message reporting an error that I faced a month ago, could you go through it if you don't mind?

Besides, I also face another issue with Yahoo's app now.

After I agree to allow sharing contact with my app, I was redirected back to my forum, and then I got the below error:

Code:
Server Error

Undefined index: contact
XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in FriendInviter/Helper/Yahoo.php at line 237
FriendInviter_Helper_Yahoo::parseYahooContacts() in FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php at line 387
FriendInviter_ControllerPublic_FriendInviter->actionYahoo() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 313
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/abcdchat/public_html/index.php at line 13
'

Do you have idea why is that so?

Your help would be much appreciated. Thank you :)
If you have no contacts in Yahoo, this error is expected.

Hi Chris,

Regarding Twitter, I will update again whether it works or not after revisiting the steps to set it up as I have already tried unlinking twitter for several times without success.

As for Yahoo, it's like what you said i.e. errors occur when there's no contact. Thank you :)

Keep me informed on the Twitter issue. I tested it all today on the latest version and it all seems to be working fine and no other reports.

Hi Chris,

I have tried creating a new app, but the same issue happened. I would just like to mention again that the errors will only show up if a member chooses to cancel the operation of authorising the app. For example: go to Friend Inviter > click on Twitter logo > (reached authorisation page) > immediately click "Cancel" button > click "Return to forum.net" button > (back to forum) > saw the errors. Have you tried doing this?

Other than that, linking Twitter and invite followers are working flawlessly.

I'm not sure if it has been suggested, but is there a chance that Microsoft / skype will be added?

I suggested Vkontakte and QQ / Wechat before. Whatsapp would be interesting as well.

The Microsoft Live Contacts API is godawful and doesn't even give you access to contact details... I still haven't work out what you can use it for.

I haven't checked it out though since before Windows Live was deprecated etc. so I will check it out at some point.

Will check the others out too at some stage.

Thanks.

Download it again from your order e-mail, it should contain the updated phrase.

Top Bottom